P500 Rattling Noise?

Richd

Richd

Jul 15, 2017
Vallejo,CA
Ownership

1. 500
I've watched almost every youtube video available on the P500. Almost all of them have a persistant rattling noise in them. What causes that? I haven't noticed it in my machine yet, although the exhaust system seems kind buzzy. I thought maybe it's related to having an aluminum or plastic roof. Mine is still stock except for a wooden bed on the rack.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've watched almost every youtube video available on the P500. Almost all of them have a persistant rattling noise in them. What causes that? I haven't noticed it in my machine yet, although the exhaust system seems kind buzzy. I thought maybe it's related to having an aluminum or plastic roof. Mine is still stock except for a wooden bed on the rack.
Is your wooden bed...rubbing
against. .or on rack..
put rubber hose on metal rack
...just a guess...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
B

bucky

Jun 6, 2017
pa
Ownership

1. 500
The cover on the air intake also rattles.

xinu

xinu

Jul 2, 2017
Eastern Ontario back country
Ownership

1. 500
From what I can determine there are many sources of rattling noises coming from the P500 as mentioned above.

Do you notice if the rattling gets worse under certain driving conditions? In addition to the other sources, I can hear a pronounced rattle coming from linkage to the front diff when 4WD is not engaged and gets noisier when the drivetrain is unloaded. I understand that this is the nature of the beast. When in 4WD the noise noticeably diminishes.

This rattle I'm referring to can really be appreciated if you point down hill, put her in neutral, turn 'er off and coast down the hill. You may stop mid way before too much speed because it sounds like it's falling apart:)

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
B

Blackdawg

Nov 23, 2016
Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I discovered that the emergency brake was my source of rattling, not sure of a fix yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!