CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m pretty sure our axle seals are lipped seals, not o-rings, different applications and different cross sections. O-rings are used for non moving parts, like oil filter covers and dipsticks. Lipped seals are used for spinning shafts like our axles and wheel bearing seals. My point - seals and o-rings aren’t interchangeable terms. Someone feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.

D

Derek1000r

Sep 27, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m pretty sure our axle seals are lipped seals, not o-rings, different applications and different cross sections. O-rings are used for non moving parts, like oil filter covers and dipsticks. Lipped seals are used for spinning shafts like our axles and wheel bearing seals. My point - seals and o-rings aren’t interchangeable terms. Someone feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.
Yes, these o rings are on the speed sensor a non moving part, and the diff fill cap. Seals are used for the axles

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Hello,
I have a 2019 Talon 1000r and started having a clicking noise on the right rear. Cv noise, so I thought I would upgrade axels, so I bought the blue Rhino 2.0. Since installing them I keep getting diff leaks, out of the axel seals, speed sensor o ring, and filler o ring. Seals were new.
Tried two different viscosity’s and synthetic VP racing. Still doing it. Vent tube is not plugged.
At the same time I also went to a 32 tire.
But thinking more of the axle issue..
Anyone having this issue???
I got 2X more miles out of my stock axles than I did with the rhino 2.0 I’m back to stock axles now

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That brings back some memories, what me to tell the riddle again? HA!
Haha you guys laugh at this $hit, dosnt bother me I can too. I have been diagnosed as Dyslexic since I was a kid and im cool with it.use to effect me bad when I was a kid. I can make fun and laugh about it now. I dont let it get me down Like my Lib leaning screwool Teachers would pretty much tell me to, Let people fell bad for you! You have a problem take advantage of that. F them, I embrace it I dont need that $hit dirt bags!

Spelling and grammar is one of my main issues with the disability. My brain moves faster than what I write and type ,But working with my hands and my Hand Eye coordination is of the charts than the average person why I excelled in sports and shooting. Those are my gifts. Seeing how things go together and making something out of nothing where most people would stand a scratch there head and say..how did u do that? . I cant write clearly (terrible as Phuck penmanship lol) and reading comprehension past a magazine article is All Fog in my brain. But I can sure predict the direction of a curve balls drop point at pin point accuracy from how it comes out of a pitchers hand, I love when my mind thinks of what I hear but later knowing what it really is and putting it all together to make it something else like Flustrated. Its Fluster and Frustrated in one word I always thought was the correct way, easier for me to understand that way 😂

Most of u may never understand this haha but its ok. Its all good! Keep on keepin on! It would Behoove (big word ha) you to keep doing it! makes me laugh. 🥳

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Got over 36,000 on my 2019 Talon and the axles are still ok. Had the popping on turns during warmup but ok after a few miles. Same with my 2020 Talon with over 7,000 miles. The popping is a bit more on it but as the axles get more miles it should reduce like my 2019 Talon. My buddy has the large Super ATV axles and he has the popping.

D

Derek1000r

Sep 27, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got over 36,000 on my 2019 Talon and the axles are still ok. Had the popping on turns during warmup but ok after a few miles. Same with my 2020 Talon with over 7,000 miles. The popping is a bit more on it but as the axles get more miles it should reduce like my 2019 Talon. My buddy has the large Super ATV axles and he has the popping.
Think I’m going back to stock axles, I don’t think it’s the 32” tires.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Axle Axle Axle Axle Axle Axle Axle Axle
I know it didn’t look right axel…lol
Fwiw: you can go back and edit your first post, it’ll let you correct the title from there. :cool:

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello,
I have a 2019 Talon 1000r and started having a clicking noise on the right rear. Cv noise, so I thought I would upgrade axels, so I bought the blue Rhino 2.0. Since installing them I keep getting diff leaks, out of the axel seals, speed sensor o ring, and filler o ring. Seals were new.
Tried two different viscosity’s and synthetic VP racing. Still doing it. Vent tube is not plugged.
At the same time I also went to a 32 tire.
But thinking more of the axle issue..
Anyone having this issue???
have not heard of many problems with oem talon axles but many posts of the talon aftermarket axles clicking after a few hundred miles so not sure why this is considered an upgrade other than the name…….

waiting for scud to be launched…..

Reactions: Smittyp
prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your ride height? If you are too high trying to get better ride or not take the hits as hard that will make them click. Not to happy with the Rhino 2.0. I have had two sets fail. Freind had the rear boot come off on first ride. They are really hard to deal with if you have a problem. Open country about the same. I have not found a good rear axle yet. I am on fox 3.0 on my rear so I run tall with limit straps and still eat rear passanger side axles. If you find one please post it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!