I did this a few months ago with just the packout mount

8A404773 F119 4FCE AB0C 1AFF6003D2F0 6C4272E9 EB58 4B84 B2B8 E25F55E54EDE

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think if i were going to use the bed and leave the base in, i would get a piece of Tracktor supply trailer mat and cut to fit tthe bed . Then just drop it on top of the plate when needing the bed.
Great minds think alike. Are you talking about a thick horse mat? That’s what I was thinking too.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Now the decisions on what to pack in which box, and how much. I will warn you it wont take long to pack to much.
I know! There are more options available than you will see at the local HW store so don't think Home Depot (for example) has every style of box. Not only that but wife wants some space (can you believe the nerve of my wife) in a box. o_O

Something to take into consideration for those that are thinking about this route is any bars or mounts on the roll bars above. In my case I have the Tusk Spare tire mount which has a definitive mount point on the roll bar. This limits the size of the stackable cases. Specifically, I can add 1 large box and a smaller one but not 2 large boxes on top of each other.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know after this weekend i know i made a good choice going to this system.
We did some pretty rough trails at over moderate speeds. I had nothing fall out on the trail.
I will be calling Shock Therapy this week to get a new set of rear spring package because of the added weight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!