BOX1

P1000 Rear wheels lock in park?

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I have never noticed this before. My Pioneer 1000/5 is showing a locked rear indicator when putting it in park. I have NOT noticed this before. When it goes into Hi, low or reverse it shows turf mode again. I did throw a large rock rock into the undercarriage last weekend but I could not see any damage.

Is this something I have not noticed or something I need to fix?

Also accouple of times the dash indicator did not show the drive mode when shifted but if I move the shifter out and back in and it and it will engage and indicate the drive as reverse, hi or low. It has done this before.
Thanks for any ideas

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I have never noticed this before. My Pioneer 1000/5 is showing a locked rear indicator when putting it in park. I have NOT noticed this before. When it goes into Hi, low or reverse it shows turf mode again. I did throw a large rock rock into the undercarriage last weekend but I could not see any damage.

Is this something I have not noticed or something I need to fix?

Also accouple of times the dash indicator did not show the drive mode when shifted but if I move the shifter out and back in and it and it will engage and indicate the drive as reverse, hi or low. It has done this before.
Thanks for any ideas
Nope normal it locks both wheels when in park

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I have had some odd things happen this week. It really acts like the cable is not linking correctly. I was going down the road the other day and suddenly the transmission seemed to jump out of gear at about 35 to 40 mph. It immediately went back in gear. Also having issues when I first put it in gear then hit the accelerator the unit is not engaged. I really haven’t watched the dash indicators so I guess I am really looking at it more now and trying to see if I am somehow short shifting (user error) or If I have a mechanical issue.
Thanks

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I have had some odd things happen this week. It really acts like the cable is not linking correctly. I was going down the road the other day and suddenly the transmission seemed to jump out of gear at about 35 to 40 mph. It immediately went back in gear. Also having issues when I first put it in gear then hit the accelerator the unit is not engaged. I really haven’t watched the dash indicators so I guess I am really looking at it more now and trying to see if I am somehow short shifting (user error) or If I have a mechanical issue.
Thanks
How old and how many miles that part does sound abnormal may need some adjustment

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How old and how many miles that part does sound abnormal may need some adjustment

Ok Today the rear lock was not indicated in park. Mileage is 1700.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to try to adjust the rear diff lock tomorrow. I guess it has always been out of adjustment.
Little box in front of left rear tire

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!