Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the EMP rear windshield on a P520 yet?

I contacted EMP today about it fitting and they said they knew the front windshield would work, but no idea about the rear. Guy said “check the forums, I’m sure someone has tried it.”

I’m going to be running a Honda hard roof.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Has anyone tried the EMP rear windshield on a P520 yet?

I contacted EMP today about it fitting and they said they knew the front windshield would work, but no idea about the rear. Guy said “check the forums, I’m sure someone has tried it.”

I’m going to be running a Honda hard roof.
I haven't heard, but if you find out, please post back and let us know. Its on 'my list'.

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We made a 10 dollar one with marine vinal from the fabric store and zip tied. Works fine till a few places make p520 rear windows

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I dont know on the EMP. But the Kolpin Pioneer 500 Rear Windshield does not fit. The bed will hit.
Did you attempt to install it with the bed? I've got one in the garage waiting for my P520...didn't find any difinitive answers so was going to try it when it comes in.

Reactions: pappyo

7NL

Jan 7, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
Yes I did, Because I cut the black plastic on the bottom of the window (before checking to see if it would work) I could not return it. So, I ended up taking off all the clamps and the bottom black plastic piece and zip tied to the roll cage. The top fits great but I had to suck in the window on the bottom to get the bed to close. Its a little deformed but works for now. I will figure something better out when I have more to think on it. Haha

I will try and take a few pics so you can see what im talking about.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Yes I did, Because I cut the black plastic on the bottom of the window (before checking to see if it would work) I could not return it. So, I ended up taking off all the clamps and the bottom black plastic piece and zip tied to the roll cage. The top fits great but I had to suck in the window on the bottom to get the bed to close. Its a little deformed but works for now. I will figure something better out when I have more to think on it. Haha

I will try and take a few pics so you can see what im talking about.
Thanks for the detail, I appreciate it man. Looks like ill be sending it back, but was wondering if it was going to fit anyways. I am still curious to see pics if you have a chance to take them. Thanks again

7NL

Jan 7, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
On the Kolpin rear window, the mounting brackets have the window stick off the roll cage by about 1/2"or soo. The front of the bed wouldn't even come close to closing. So thats why the zip ties. I tried to get it as close to the roll cage as possible.

As you can see in one of the pics. I cut the bottom black piece that comes with the window to fit all around the air box stuff and other plastic guards. Unfortunately that was dumb because I couldn't close the bed. Any how, the other pics show how I had to suck the bottom of the window to get the bed to close.

Im curios what they will come up with for a back window for the 520. Honda did not help with that aspect. But other then that I think the design is good.

520 Window 520 Window1 520 Window2

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
On the Kolpin rear window, the mounting brackets have the window stick off the roll cage by about 1/2"or soo. The front of the bed wouldn't even come close to closing. So thats why the zip ties. I tried to get it as close to the roll cage as possible.

As you can see in one of the pics. I cut the bottom black piece that comes with the window to fit all around the air box stuff and other plastic guards. Unfortunately that was dumb because I couldn't close the bed. Any how, the other pics show how I had to suck the bottom of the window to get the bed to close.

Im curios what they will come up with for a back window for the 520. Honda did not help with that aspect. But other then that I think the design is good.

View attachment 267637 View attachment 267638 View attachment 267639
Nice job improvising and doing a little fab work, but I agree it looks like its going to be too much work for me to mess with and hopefully they will come out with something better fitting for the 520 with the bed. Thanks man!

Reactions: pappyo and Mudwing
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
In case anyone is wondering about the Honda rear window, I have one on my P520 and I assume it's the same one as for the P500. In the photos below I have the bed tilted up to show the bottom of the window. There are velcro straps on the lower part and nothing to attach them to on the P520. I assume that for the P500 they would attach to part of the frame. I have for fold/roll the lower section of the window up and into itself (see bottom photo) to keep it from interfering with the latches for the bed. I suppose I could cut the bottom section off but I hate to do that. The rest of the window fits the P520 just fine.

BC1011D9 1068 44C4 BAB3 4F7E4B4C36D5
B8F8EA2B 963E 4C9C B78B 0441599F47C3
7DB09407 6A32 41CA 9ECE 3A39E6F3EEED
969CA59D 0E63 4007 B3EC 102E76E459B5

Last edited:
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is there anyway to slide the bottom of the Honda rear panel through the body and by the seats on the 520?

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
ok thank you. I'm just a guy wanting to buy a 520 and trying to get all the info i can get.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just rig an attachment to the upper bar, poke a hole and tie up, then add a trigger shield that goes up behind the seats. Even on a P500 with the lower frame attachment, it only reduces dust very little when running with a windshield.

Reactions: pappyo and trigger
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
ok thank you. I'm just a guy wanting to buy a 520 and trying to get all the info i can get.
I should qualify my statement above by saying that I don't see how to do it without cutting up the rear window. Probably the best way to deal with it is to roll it up (towards the front) from the bottom, poke a little hole on each side and zip tie it to keep it rolled up. You would not necessarily have to secure the rolled up part to anything, but you probably could. At least that would keep it from interfering with the latches for the tilting bed.

Reactions: pappyo and Mudder
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I made a custom rear cab from a 4’ x 10’ piece of 3mm thick black UHMW. Basically held in place with Honda ROPS clamps and Velcro strapping. Has worked for 6 years and been great. UHMW is easy to work with wood working tools and is very robust material. Indestructible really, I’ve made stick stoppers, mud flaps, fender extenders all 3mm thick material. Replaced the stock belly pan with 9.5 mm thick black UHMW, used the stock one for a pattern and reused the stock air vent under the tranny/engine. Thing has been bullet proof.... oh and used stock iirc bolts and washers, just counter sunk so heads are flush. Didn’t really have much choice, back in fall/winter of 2014-15 there wasn’t much on the market for P5 stuff and Honda was on back order and they were really proud of their gear $$$$$. I think in my link there are images in P5 Mod folder of what I did, cheers.
j

Last edited:
Reactions: pappyo and wvupsc
LJP

LJP

Nov 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
I installed an EMP rear window. It slightly scrapes the dump box when it is raised but is not an issue. I also have a Honda OEM hard roof. Hope this helps.

Reactions: pappyo and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!