P500 Rear windshield for P520

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda soft rear window on my p520. When I plowed snow with my 520 for the first time a few nights ago, I found it very difficult to see out the back thru the window when I was backing up. It was dark and snowing hard at the time. I might need to install a small rear-facing flood light. ...just something to think about when considering rear windows.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have the Honda soft rear window on my p520. When I plowed snow with my 520 for the first time a few nights ago, I found it very difficult to see out the back thru the window when I was backing up. It was dark and snowing hard at the time. I might need to install a small rear-facing flood light. ...just something to think about when considering rear windows.
One option is a LED light on the lower center rear of the OEM roof for a cab dome/cargo bed/back up light. Kept the bracket just snug enough to be able to tilt it towards the cab or rear facing. Dash switch wiring is connected near the light using the 2 lead plug to make it easy if removal of the roof is ever needed.
0489C3BE E063 45B6 8711 790A6293F108 7D5E7944 D7D0 496C A9CA 7E98C9487208

Last edited:
Reactions: pappyo and DanielD
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
One option is a LED light on the lower center rear of the OEM roof for a cargo bed/back up light. Kept the bracket just snug enough to be able to tilt it towards the cab or rear facing. Dash switch wiring is connected near the light using the 2 lead plug to make it easy if removal of the roof is ever needed.
View attachment 312971 View attachment 312972
Thanks....that's likely where I'm headed.

Reactions: pappyo and Mudder
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Never ZZ's -- How's this oen ( pictures )
My -- Hard Rear Panel -- Post Describes how ( includes how sealed lower section ) with pictures
I've got this one on the way - was super tired of the vinyl/fabric rear window. Hopefully fits well with the bed and seals up the cab a little better. I'll post once I get it installed.
Active -- SOS Member

20220407 093231 20220407 093439

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Looks real nice Pappy!! You are the man of fabrication for sure! Love it man.

Look forward to your feedback!
It’s in the garage and made it here unscathed (even though the box is in shambles). I’ve been busy fishing, but was planning on messing around with it and trying to get it on today - just not sure how the mounting points are with the doors and roof. I’ll post pics and keep everyone updated.

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Look forward to your feedback!
Started taking the rear fabric panel off on Sunday and realized its going to be a major pain in the ass because of the doors. Been using it almost every weekend and have some fishing trips planned, so might have to end up being a warmer weather project with the turn signals/blinkers.

Literally every single project/small thing I want to get done for the Honda ends up being a way bigger pain in the ass than I always plan for.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Started taking the rear fabric panel off on Sunday and realized its going to be a major pain in the ass because of the doors. Been using it almost every weekend and have some fishing trips planned, so might have to end up being a warmer weather project with the turn signals/blinkers.

Literally every single project/small thing I want to get done for the Honda ends up being a way bigger pain in the ass than I always plan for.
And the more sh!t you put on the bigger the pain gets. Seems like I can't do anything anymore without tearing half the machine apart.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
My accessories pile is adding up; all waiting on electrical runs. Then I'll install the skid plate and any other fun stuff (Mudbusters, bumpers, Moose hitch, rear storage)

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I think the clamps are going to be my issue with the doors:

Untitled1

Anybody know where I can find these? I think the 500/520 ROPs are 1 5/8" but I cant find them on Amazon or anywhere.

Untitled

I should have spent the extra cash and got this one I'm thinking....

I feel like if I can find those clamps that utvwindshields uses it should hopefully be able to work.

Reactions: futzin
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the clamps are going to be my issue with the doors:

View attachment 418295
Anybody know where I can find these? I think the 500/520 ROPs are 1 5/8" but I cant find them on Amazon or anywhere.

View attachment 418294

I should have spent the extra cash and got this one I'm thinking....

I feel like if I can find those clamps that utvwindshields uses it should hopefully be able to work.
Looks like something an electrical supply place would have lots of in various sizes

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
My emp windshield uses them and they work well. Probably less obstructive than the others.
I ended up just paying for them - was like $46-47 after I got the 10% off. Annoying as s***, but prob will lead to less hassle.

Reactions: Hib and futzin
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Had to drill some holes to get the EMP mounts to fit, but so far so good. Drilled a few smaller holes for extra zip ties and less rattle. Will be taking it fishing tomorrow so will see how it holds up being trailered…

IMG 1972

IMG 1985

IMG 1986

IMG 1988

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!