BOX1

P700 Reasonable Power Up

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Lower gears would make all the difference in the world if it was available other then spending 3000 dollars on portals wish someone knew if the ring gear and pinion in a p500 would fit the p700 there a good reduction there

Deerhunterrob

Deerhunterrob

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2017
NE ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tuner, exhaust,KN airfileter an snorkel helped mine a good bit. Before a hill at the huntin club mine would bog down going up now I can spin all 4 an also my buddies viking would get me pretty good after the upgrades I can stay a head of him a good bit till I hit top speed then he is able to get by.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tuner, exhaust,KN airfileter an snorkel helped mine a good bit. Before a hill at the huntin club mine would bog down going up now I can spin all 4 an also my buddies viking would get me pretty good after the upgrades I can stay a head of him a good bit till I hit top speed then he is able to get by.
What exhaust tip did you go with?

Reactions: Ems-Cam
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
500 would be, it's just the people selling it suggesting it would be wasting my money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
500 would be, it's just the people selling it suggesting it would be wasting my money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think I'm going to add the tip and air filter and see how that does. Mine already has a snorkel so I'm good there. If those items don't help I'll consider a tuner but I need to do a little more investigating before dropping that much money on something that could result in zero change. I like to know what I'm getting before spending a few hundred dollars on things.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think I'm going to add the tip and air filter and see how that does. Mine already has a snorkel so I'm good there. If those items don't help I'll consider a tuner but I need to do a little more investigating before dropping that much money on something that could result in zero change. I like to know what I'm getting before spending a few hundred dollars on things.
LP if you're not to concerned with how loud your machine is I would consider looking at a full exhaust system from Yoshimura. It is a straight through, free flow design. I could feel a difference with mine for sure. The drawback (for some anyway) is it is pretty loud, honestly the sound doesn't bother me a bit. The stock muffler has baffles inside, my concern for you guys is that just putting on a tip won't do enough to combat the restriction caused by the baffles. This is all just speculation though.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
LP if you're not to concerned with how loud your machine is I would consider looking at a full exhaust system from Yoshimura. It is a straight through, free flow design. I could feel a difference with mine for sure. The drawback (for some anyway) is it is pretty loud, honestly the sound doesn't bother me a bit. The stock muffler has baffles inside, my concern for you guys is that just putting on a tip won't do enough to combat the restriction caused by the baffles. This is all just speculation though.
How loud are we talking? I already think the 700 is loud when riding. Do you mean loud out of the back or even louder inside? When my wife and I are riding roads we can barely talk over it now.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
How loud are we talking? I already think the 700 is loud when riding. Do you mean loud out of the back or even louder inside? When my wife and I are riding roads we can barely talk over it now.
At wide open throttle you can forget about talking. Cruising speed isn't terrible though. You and your wife must be newlyweds, not being able to hear your wife is actually a big selling point!!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
At wide open throttle you can forget about talking. Cruising speed isn't terrible though. You and your wife must be newlyweds, not being able to hear your wife is actually a big selling point!!
Lol not quite newlyweds, we've been married 6yrs. We actually talk when we ride believe it or noto_O I'm not sure I want to get mine any louder. To me they are already way too loud. The extra power sure would be nice though. Did you have trouble bogging down before changes? Did it clear it up completely?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm anxious to see some testing on this.
I'm watching @joeymt33 on the other thread playing with his 1000.

Can the baffles be removed from the stock muffler? or would you have to cut it open?

I want to improve stall torque or start-up torque. In other words, when my 30" wheels are deep in the mud, I want to be able to turn them.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used a Doebeck, K&N, and new exhaust tip on my P700. I didn't do any timed runs like I'm doing on the pioneer 1000. However I did notice that it would spin the tires more easily, it would get out of the hole quicker. That's what the butt dyno said anyway.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol not quite newlyweds, we've been married 6yrs. We actually talk when we ride believe it or noto_O I'm not sure I want to get mine any louder. To me they are already way too loud. The extra power sure would be nice though. Did you have trouble bogging down before changes? Did it clear it up completely?
I put it on so long ago I don't really remember how it was stock... I know it improved throttle response and low end power. Will it cure your problems? I really can't say but it will help at the very least.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm anxious to see some testing on this.
I'm watching @joeymt33 on the other thread playing with his 1000.

Can the baffles be removed from the stock muffler? or would you have to cut it open?

I want to improve stall torque or start-up torque. In other words, when my 30" wheels are deep in the mud, I want to be able to turn them.

For the stock muffler I guess you could possibly drill out the baffles. You'd need one hell of a long drill bit though

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put it on so long ago I don't really remember how it was stock... I know it improved throttle response and low end power. Will it cure your problems? I really can't say but it will help at the very least.
How often do you repack yours?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Never have done it. I've probably got 3000 miles or so on it.
Ok I kind of figured. I read that they recommended every 6-8 hrs for off-road use. I was like dang! That would get expensive...

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok I kind of figured. I read that they recommended every 6-8 hrs for off-road use. I was like dang! That would get expensive...
Ha yeah I wouldn't get that carried away. That's kind of like when I rode 2 stroke dirt bikes and "they" recommend rebuilding the top end every 8-10 hours. Nobody does it that often.

Reactions: LandPioneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!