Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
At wide open throttle you can forget about talking. Cruising speed isn't terrible though. You and your wife must be newlyweds, not being able to hear your wife is actually a big selling point!!
That's funny T!!!
I've discovered the answer to all this is the 1000. ;) Those of you that have driven one know what I mean, the rest of you should go drive one, you'll be throwing rocks at your 700. Thank goodness I'm using my 700 primarily for work on my western property and so I'm not so disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tflynn
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would love to have the $$ to pay for the 1000, but I don't have that kind of money.
Paramedics are not the best paid.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would love to have the $$ to pay for the 1000, but I don't have that kind of money.
Paramedics are not the best paid.
I can appreciate the salary limitations of a paramedic and would thank you for your willingness to do that kind of special and important work. The upgrades folks are putting into their 700 more than covers the difference in cost, and moreover, they can never get the 700 to be the 1000.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I can appreciate the salary limitations of a paramedic and would thank you for your willingness to do that kind of special and important work. The upgrades folks are putting into their 700 more than covers the difference in cost, and moreover, they can never get the 700 to be the 1000.
Well and honestly I don't anticipate needing the power of the 1000, my kids are getting the age where I am looking for a smaller quad to start, so that cuts down the power needs.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well and honestly I don't anticipate needing the power of the 1000, my kids are getting the age where I am looking for a smaller quad to start, so that cuts down the power needs.
I hear ya man. My comments are then irrelevant to you.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I chose the 700 because of reliability and price. I don't like the clutch system in the 1000 either. If they improve I may consider it but not as they currently are. Also, I honestly don't need as much power as the 1000 has I just need a little more than the 700 is stock. If it had 10 more horse power I'd be happy with it. Lastly, I've already purchased the 700. If I sold it now and bought a 1000 I'd be out around $10k. Since I pay cash for anything besides property that just isn't a wise choice. I'd much rather spend another grand to get the 700 where I want it.

Reactions: Tflynn
Deerhunterrob

Deerhunterrob

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2017
NE ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Im happy with my 700 the 1000 has the clutch issues. An I'm not a speed guy just wanted my 700 to spin all 4 tires going up the mtn when its sloppy. Added the things an it does what I want. My brothers got the 1000 an I'm glad I didn't go ahead an get 1 till they get the clutch issues solved. I,ve seen it first hand start slipping when he was in a mud hole stuck kinda reminded me of the belts on my old razor. Until they get the issue solved I'll keep pimpin my 700

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im happy with my 700 the 1000 has the clutch issues. An I'm not a speed guy just wanted my 700 to spin all 4 tires going up the mtn when its sloppy. Added the things an it does what I want. My brothers got the 1000 an I'm glad I didn't go ahead an get 1 till they get the clutch issues solved. I,ve seen it first hand start slipping when he was in a mud hole stuck kinda reminded me of the belts on my old razor. Until they get the issue solved I'll keep pimpin my 700
Exactly my thoughts. Having an automotive background (14 year GM tech) prior to becoming a paramedic, I didn't like the idea of the belt and wanted reliability. All my research sent me to honda and to the 700. It does everything I want, goes everywhere and many places the guys with the Rzr can't due to width and turning radius, but I want to make sure I can make it up the hills.

With everything you all have said, I think I will take a chance on the AFR+ Get 4, get it that little bit of fuel. I have done the snorkel, the air filter is on the way and next days off I will make a new exhaust tip with increased size. I will also look into hollowing out the muffler to free that up a bit.

Deerhunterrob

Deerhunterrob

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2017
NE ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Exactly my thoughts. Having an automotive background (14 year GM tech) prior to becoming a paramedic, I didn't like the idea of the belt and wanted reliability. All my research sent me to honda and to the 700. It does everything I want, goes everywhere and many places the guys with the Rzr can't due to width and turning radius, but I want to make sure I can make it up the hills.

With everything you all have said, I think I will take a chance on the AFR+ Get 4, get it that little bit of fuel. I have done the snorkel, the air filter is on the way and next days off I will make a new exhaust tip with increased size. I will also look into hollowing out the muffler to free that up a bit.
An its not a gain that's going to WOW anyone but it made mine able to turn they 28in mega mayhems a lot better an no more bogging on the side of the mtn I can barely walk up. Oh an not let the viking in front they whole way lol at least I can be ahead of him for a min or so now.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's all good guys. :):)

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
just did the Uni and 3d exhaust tip. snorkel is next, while im not gonna be mudding it. there are some creek crossings that can cause a pucker factor i would like to avoid. havent had a chance to ride since the exhaust and uni. but after putting 27's on i could notice a difference in power so hoping that helps

Reactions: Tflynn and Ems-Cam
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
just did the Uni and 3d exhaust tip. snorkel is next, while im not gonna be mudding it. there are some creek crossings that can cause a pucker factor i would like to avoid. havent had a chance to ride since the exhaust and uni. but after putting 27's on i could notice a difference in power so hoping that helps
Please let us know if you notice any difference. I received my Uni filter but haven't put it on yet. I can't decide if I want to go full exhaust or tip yet. I may go tip first just because it isn't very expensive.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I effed up the muffler after a bolt broke off. then drill bit drilling out the bolt. kinda embarassing. will try to get better video of it in action

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great, sounds awesome. How do you like those tires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I bought a Mystic switch panel to install a light bar and winch, Ram mount etc. I'm wondering what kind of space I will find behind the warning label when I drill it out?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks great, sounds awesome. How do you like those tires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
havent been able to get on a trail with them yet, but they have great reviews. looks alone I dont think they look as good as a lot of others, but performance wise i think they will do great

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got a set of regular bear claws for 100$ that were 26"a and those are ok. I had a guy trying to tell me the interco Reptile's but those look really aggressive. I want something that's good all around for trail, some mud and such but I use this on the gravel roads and on my acreage and don't want to chew everything up that it touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i think these will perform great in the conditions you mentioned. the other tires i was looking at were the efx motoclaw. but they are heavy supposedly and not quiet as a good in mud. I ride on the road, our tree farm (which i dont want to tear up), my yard at home, and trails that include rocks and mud. I think these will be a good compromise from what ive read. really wish my 700 had turf mode for the yard and street though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!