P500 Red’s vent line extension

Reds10

Reds10

Sep 20, 2018
Central arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I’m waiting at the revenue office and bored so -

I wanted to extend all my vent lines and really hated the idea of drilling into my roll cage.

For the front diff and radiated fan I just extend those lines up behind the speedo for Thor time being. That puts them around 45” I believe. More than enough for me.

For the rear diff and fuel line, I just knew that I didn’t want the lines Visible. And again, no drilling into a new roll cage!

I had some 1 1/2” PVC pipe laying around. And decided that if I took that and put a screw cap on top I could extend the lines, run them out the top, loop them over an put two zip ties to make sure they stay looped. Then run a machine screw through the top of the tube through the loops to hold them in place. But the cap back in and done! I also cut a couple of shark teeth type skits in the tube in case the loops crush themselves over time.

For now, the stack is secured with 4 zip ties. I also drill a couple of holes in the stack if I need to wash it out and put a 22.5* elbow at the bottom of the pipe to ease the entry of the lines.

Total cost? No idea. Less than $12 total if you had to buy a short section of pipe. Might have cost me $6 for fittings as I already had the pipe.

Now my lines are much higher than I’ll need and I can feel better about a couple of deep water crossings I have getting to my hunting spots.

So for the poor quality/ lack of detail pics - I didn’t take them with the intention of sharing here. They were quick snapshots to send my brother. . (And on iPhone so forgive typing errors).

E01F61AD 8825 44AF A348 BE7512D690C3 354E53A4 3329 4035 B496 CB052150CF89

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thinking of a black rubber gas line zipped to ROPS to blend in, not wanting to drill into ROPS either.

Last edited:
Reds10

Reds10

Sep 20, 2018
Central arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking of a black rubber gas line zipped to ROPS to blend in, not wanting to drill into ROPS either.
I thought about just zip tying the fuel line. But I wanted something to help mask any possible fuel sent.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!