P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What shocks did you end up going with?

Reactions: sharp
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What shocks did you end up going with?
I’m on the fence, just got my quartly bonus, so I’m getting them late. I was going to get stage 3 Elkas but there at least 2 weeks out. The others I had in mind were the QS3 foxes. Any advice either way?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m told there both pretty comparable. I just don’t want to show up to the take over with out them. The foxes are about 3 bones (as @trigger would say) cheaper

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m on the fence, just got my quartly bonus, so I’m getting them late. I was going to get stage 3 Elkas but there at least 2 weeks out. The others I had in mind were the QS3 foxes. Any advice either way?
I think @nbomar is running the elka 3s and likes them. The foxes are pretty popular..at this point i have neither:( lol. But i plan on going with the foxes because of the simplicity and price. I like the fact there are only 3 settings on the fox. I figure its less for me to screw up.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think @nbomar is running the elka 3s and likes them. The foxes are pretty popular..at this point i have neither:( lol. But i plan on going with the foxes because of the simplicity and price. I like the fact there are only 3 settings on the fox. I figure its less for me to screw up.
Yeah I’m kinda thinking the same way. I’ll see. Probably ordering tomorrow.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like the spacers that you told me about and I did that for last summer, made a nice difference. We ride a lot and some of our trails up here in the Great white north lol have some ripply sand and bet the crap out you. That’s why I’m doing it like @trigger did to his after he took a roller coaster ride on the trail by my cabin :eek::p

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I like the spacers that you told me about and I did that for last summer, made a nice difference. We ride a lot and some of our trails up here in the Great white north lol have some ripply sand and bet the crap out you. That’s why I’m doing it like @trigger did to his after he took a roller coaster ride on the trail by my cabin :eek::p

You got that right! Bringing a chainsaw up to your cabin next time and getting rid of those damn roots before someone else takes that ride. Shocks are worth every penny, they help keep the wheels on the ground. :eek:

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The spacer do help some...but once you ride with someone that has good shocks you're ruined and got to have em.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The spacer do help some...but once you ride with someone that has good shocks you're ruined and got to have em.
Agreed. The spacer helped not bottom out but shocks are big difference. I think any aftermarket shocks most will be happy with compared to stock. Love our Fox but they were too soft for setup from the box. Added 3/4 in compression in the spring and very happy. I killed off the lift kit this time around and really like how they work.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Agreed. The spacer helped not bottom out but shocks are big difference. I think any aftermarket shocks most will be happy with compared to stock. Love our Fox but they were too soft for setup from the box. Added 3/4 in compression in the spring and very happy. I killed off the lift kit this time around and really like how they work.
By tightening the compression adjustment nut, do they give u a tool for that or is it fairly easy?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
By tightening the compression adjustment nut, do they give u a tool for that or is it fairly easy?
Unfortunately no but it’s not too bad. Tool is cheap but IMO if a vise is handy crank the fronts a little off the rig. You probably won’t have to adjust again

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Unfortunately no but it’s not too bad. Tool is cheap but IMO if a vise is handy crank the fronts a little off the rig. You probably won’t have to adjust again
If I do the foxes I’ll have to do that!
Did u do all 4 or just the fronts?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I do the foxes I’ll have to do that!
Did u do all 4 or just the fronts?
All 4. Bought just fronts at first because I did like the self adjustable rear but literally next day rushed and got rears. No regrets here! Even heavily loaded they work great

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
All 4. Bought just fronts at first because I did like the self adjustable rear but literally next day rushed and got rears. No regrets here! Even heavily loaded they work great
Yup, I remember you buying those rears quickly lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CumminsPusher, I see you removed your sway bar. I had quick disconnects for my Jeep for rock crawling. Same advantage with the P1K5? Or are there other reasons? Cuz putting on the new shocks is the time to take it out if that’s a good plan?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!