P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And the rears!
Going to have to wait till later or tomorrow. Got to take Gunny to PT.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here’s a fun visual! Haha my boys X-ray this morning. All healed up! Just needs some PT to build his muscles up again. Expensive pup. I wouldn’t have it any other way for what he gives back!;)
50EB93CC A6EE 4051 AC84 A40FED6E5C85

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a stupid question, I have got a spanner wrench for these shocks. I’ve taken the load off the shock. There are 2 nuts on the shock. It is extremely difficult to get anything to move. I must be doing something wrong. @CumminsPusher, is there a specific procedure to adjusting the shock, as in top nit first or both or a pin I don’t see? It just seems way tighter than I’m custom to when I’ve adjusted shocks in the past.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have a stupid question, I have got a spanner wrench for these shocks. I’ve taken the load off the shock. There are 2 nuts on the shock. It is extremely difficult to get anything to move. I must be doing something wrong. @CumminsPusher, is there a specific procedure to adjusting the shock, as in top nit first or both or a pin I don’t see? It just seems way tighter than I’m custom to when I’ve adjusted shocks in the past.
They can be a b****. Break the top free from the bottom which it sounds like you’re doing. Once broke free they move easier. Try just a little wd40 or the like on just the threads but make sure not to get any on the slits for the spanner it’ll help some. Also if you can fasten a small pipe on the wrench for leveraging.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They can be a b****. Break the top free from the bottom which it sounds like you’re doing. Once broke free they move easier. Try just a little wd40 or the like on just the threads but make sure not to get any on the slits for the spanned it’ll help some. Also if you can fasten a small pipe on the wrench for leveraging.
Ok, so they sound like just a bastard to do. They are righty righty lefty loosey right? With my luck I’ll go the wrong way lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok, so they sound like just a bastard to do. They are righty righty lefty loosey right? With my luck I’ll go the wrong way lol
Yes everything normal. After install get a good feel and adjust accordingly ASAP. If you think they’re tough now wait till they’ve been set for awhile in the mud.
This would be the easy way to adjust! But it’s dangerous lol
DC128E8D 08CB 495A 9DD4 5E8E7A358D8F

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes everything normal. After install get a good feel and adjust accordingly ASAP. If you think they’re tough now wait till they’ve been set for awhile in the mud.
That ain’t no s***! I’ve been there before with some others on other machines I’ve owned. When they get rusty and full of crap you’re bound to have a full coronary bypass trying to adjust them

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This would be the easy way to adjust! But it’s dangerous lol
View attachment 70978
I’ve done that when I did the spacers! Not too bad.
The oil helped, but it’s still a very slow go but better

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Busted some knuckles on the back ones. The fronts I just couldn’t get a good grip on anything. Soooo I took the fronts off and carefully put the end in my large ben h vice with a towel and was easily able to adjust the shock. Easy peasy

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted some knuckles on the back ones. The fronts I just couldn’t get a good grip on anything. Soooo I took the fronts off and carefully put the end in my large ben h vice with a towel and was easily able to adjust the shock. Easy peasyView attachment 70985
You have the satv arms or stock

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this is redneck but I didn't have a bench vise so I took a large phillips and rain it down through the vertical pin hole in the hitch and through the top shock hole. It was EASY to turn the nuts once I made the shock a static object.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
this is redneck but I didn't have a bench vise so I took a large phillips and rain it down through the vertical pin hole in the hitch and through the top shock hole. It was EASY to turn the nuts once I made the shock a static object.
Well...I’m half redneck! Lol my mom and her whole Side of the family are from south eastern Kentucky. Must be where Im a natural at improvising adapting lol. I’ll have walk myself through your idea to physically see how that works.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You have the satv arms or stock

Stock. That’s my next project. The shocks set me back enough this time. Will have wait till the weather changes for more work to get some OT for those.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock. That’s my next project. The shocks set me back enough this time. Will have wait till the weather changes for more work to get some OT for those.
Well I hope to stay with stock on mine but would like the shocks to be able adjust the camber if need be ,plus the better ride when you get it done take measurements of how far down you moved nuts to make things a little easier . Please

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@BWAF
Don’t get me wrong! I need a set. I run 28” tires and they rub just a hair only when the wheel is turned all the way and it drives me bat s***! But they’ll be an addition soon enough. I’m hoping the pre load I did will get me back to the hight I had with the spacers I put on the stock shocks. That helped a lot.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I hope to stay with stock on mine but would like the shocks to be able adjust the camber if need be ,plus the better ride when you get it done take measurements of how far down you moved nuts to make things a little easier . Please

I did, about 3/4” from the way they came “stock” I’ll get it out this weekend in the yard and I’ll give a report

Reactions: trigger and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...I’m half redneck! Lol my mom and her whole Side of the family are from south eastern Kentucky. Must be where Im a natural at improvising adapting lol. I’ll have walk myself through your idea to physically see how that works.

Stick the upper end of the shock in the pioneer receiver, stick a big screwdriver down through the vertical hole through the upper shock bolt hole and out the lower vertical hole on the hitch. you have a 1700lb bench, granted its probably more suited to JTW midget helpers than my 6'2" frame but I wasn't able to get the shock nuts to spin any other way.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@BWAF
Don’t get me wrong! I need a set. I run 28” tires and they rub just a hair only when the wheel is turned all the way and it drives me bat s***! But they’ll be an addition soon enough. I’m hoping the pre load I did will get me back to the hight I had with the spacers I put on the stock shocks. That helped a lot.
True 28" on 5x2 ?

Reactions: Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!