1. Talon R
anybody know the diff between gyz20h and gyz20h-a
need new battery
any better replacement battery
thanks in advance
Bob K

H

HondaTech

Here's the 2 batteries specs, I dont see any difference.

Screenshot 20230506 131443 Chrome
Screenshot 20230506 131423 Chrome

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
need new battery
any better replacement battery
Use the search up top for this. Topic has been discussed at nausea. Also, what yr miles Talon? You need one already?

Come back tell us what you ended up with. Dont leave us hanging like Epstine

B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Use the search up top for this. Topic has been discussed at nausea. Also, what yr miles Talon? You need one already?

Come back tell us what you ended up with. Dont leave us hanging like Epstine
First thing I did. Found nothing relevant to replacing original, just second battery.
At another talon website found an interstate CYTX20H-BS priced between the yuasa H or H-A
I'll try calling YUASA monday and find out the difference.
I have just under 6k on a 2019.
I think the AZ heat may be a factor.
Will go back to storing the battery in a cooler for the summer and hope that gives a longer life.

H

HondaTech

First thing I did. Found nothing relevant to replacing original, just second battery.
At another talon website found an interstate CYTX20H-BS priced between the yuasa H or H-A
I'll try calling YUASA monday and find out the difference.
I have just under 6k on a 2019.
Will go back to storing the battery in a cooler for the summer and hope that gives a longer life.

Both the GYZ and YTX batteries are AGM, thr main difference being GYZ are factory activated when delivered and YTX are filled/activated by the seller (or atleast should be) when you purchase it.

Honda switch to GYZ for the 2012 model year Goldwing, they also use GYZ in their Automatic ATVs and YTX in the manual/electric shift models.

From Yuasa's website:
Screenshot 20230506 181938 Chrome
Screenshot 20230506 181923 Chrome

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Add a trickle charger, thats what I have in my P1 and Talon. Not sure what your accessories are? But if u dont have a second battery for just them, Id suggest that.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

AZ heat definitely shortens lead acid type lifespan. I'm a bit amazed a lithium battery over 10 years old is still going strong in one of my bikes. I'm going lithium when my Talon needs the battery replaced.

B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
ok called yuasa for clarification.
same battery but different terminals.
rechecked the photos and sure enough that's it
rep said talon definitely needs the H-A because it allows for flush mounting the cables.
hard to justify the cost of lithium but will give it a thought.
Thanks for all the input.
Bob K

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
ok called yuasa for clarification.
same battery but different terminals.
rechecked the photos and sure enough that's it
rep said talon definitely needs the H-A because it allows for flush mounting the cables.
hard to justify the cost of lithium but will give it a thought.
Thanks for all the input.
Bob K
still get u a trickle charger and plug it in when not in use. You will thank yourself and your battery will to! The set up is cheaper than a new battery. Check it out in my build post #218

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!