pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I guess we need to save up and order a spare to keep on hand or wait on aftermarket fix

Reactions: CumminsPusher
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my parts and took the pioneer apart the oil was discolored filters not to bad but my clutches looked as good as the new ones (pics soon) I installed the new one any way to be safe put it back together done a clutch reset took it out the road for a short test ride shifted better than new man and auto came home checked the oil again headed for a buddies house did fine for around 2 to 3 mi down shifted to 5th and slipped going into 6th(first time that had happened) went to stop at a turn it stalled and an e came on turned the key off and back on to try to get it out of the road and the E was gone.Called my buddy while waiting on him done a clutch reset and when he got there I tried it and it was fine again for about the same distance any ideas sorry this is so long but I wanted to try to add everything that happened
Thanks for the help guys,Paul

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also checked the clearance on the old clutches vs the new and the old ones where tighter
Thanks,Paul

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After you assembled the new clutch pack, did you check clearance at the end plate with a dial indicator? There has to be a certain amount of clearance between end plate and snap ring.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the new ones came assembled and I checked it before I put them in oil overnight the clearance was roughly .033 to .035 = or - the old ones
where right about the same I took the old ones apart and they looked like new these are made like the drive hub in a old powerglide trans it
is doing the same thing as before and about the same amount of time no matter how you run it if that helps any Thanks for the help Delton
Paul

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Kinda sounds like an electrical/sensor problem or oil pressure problem.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm starting to think the same snuff but it is strange that it dont do it all the time hot or cold do you think it could be something in the front end I have not tried 4 wheel drive since this has started and it was in 4 wheel drive and pulling hard when this happened too many sensors I wish it had a powerglide in it that I can fix in my sleep HaHa
Thanks,Paul

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Might get some contact cleaner and clean all the sensor plugs around the clutch. I saw a port past the transmission filter that we might be able to check the transmission pressure. Be sure to check all the grounds and battery cables and voltage while you are running. Double check your oil level also I believe you get it warm, shut it off, and wait 1 - 2 minutes and do not screw the dipstick in you just slide it in till it touches the threads.

Reactions: Jshell3
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The front has the vehicle speed sensor and from what we've seen the only thing it will mess up is it will not shift out of first gear.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine shifts fine up and down and the oil level is ok all the plugs look ok on the sensors is there a oil press sensor that you know of It about has to be a sticking valve or solonoid but it seams strange that it happens the same every time but the last time it had a E come up and I dont know how to get the codes to come up from what I have read you count the blinks and look up the code just like the early GM cars were.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Haven't tried it yet but plan to.

IMG 20170502 215851867

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I have only added a winch and a radio and I done that when it was new we where just riding when I hit the bad place

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!