Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also felt bad! For the record I would recommend seeing a doctor @Smitty335 for the nosebleeds! Just trying to get a laugh out of him with what my wife calls my "Inappropriate Sense of Humor":confused:
You know, I hear that a lot (Inappropriate since of humor) couldn't be me, I just hanging out with the wrong crowd. HA!

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Has anyone that has had to replace clutch what was your clutch initial clearance? The clearance should be 0.028-0.035 in. If it's out of specs they make end plates marked 1 thru 11 from 2.4mm thickness to 3.5mm. Just a thought for clutches that keep going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is off topic, have any of you been in a fender bender that 6 air bags went of, well I did 1/2/17 and since I have several nose bleeds? I usually have nose bleeds maybe 1 in 5 years. When the bags went off, there was a terrible odor.
the bags are charged by gunpowder I believe. alot of people get burns from it. Probably inhaled a bunch.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
the bags are charged by gunpowder I believe. alot of people get burns from it. Probably inhaled a bunch.
Yea on one hand. wonder what happens in a car fire that the air bag din't go off with the gun powder??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Has anyone that has had to replace clutch what was your clutch initial clearance? The clearance should be 0.028-0.035 in. If it's out of specs they make end plates marked 1 thru 11 from 2.4mm thickness to 3.5mm. Just a thought for clutches that keep going out.

When you buy a set they come preloaded and set in the basket.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They show them in the manual but I haven't saw them for sale.
When you buy a manual, should we be getting the up dates for the manual from Honda? When I bought my manual, it had some lose leaf up dates. And I haven't got any up dates since then.

Reactions: pct
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
When you buy the clutch set it comes with fiber clutch plates & the steel plates & the end plate as a unit? Seems like you would still have to measure due to baskets being machined different.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
When you buy the clutch set it comes with fiber clutch plates & the steel plates & the end plate as a unit? Seems like you would still have to measure due to baskets being machined different.

Mine was preassembled! Just soaked it in HN4 overnight! No measuring!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

It's a matched set.

Reactions: pct and sharp
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey,EItobgi jut saw this I'm having about the same problem you are did your oil light come on when your pioneer quit pulling mine comes on while trying to do a reset on the clutch and cant get it to reset oil is clean no smell haven't checked clutches yet but it is looking like that might be the problem but I haven't heard anyone mention oil light coming on when the clutch packs go south
Paul

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey,EItobgi jut saw this I'm having about the same problem you are did your oil light come on when your pioneer quit pulling mine comes on while trying to do a reset on the clutch and cant get it to reset oil is clean no smell haven't checked clutches yet but it is looking like that might be the problem but I haven't heard anyone mention oil light coming on when the clutch packs go south
Paul
I honestly cant remember, but if i had to guess i would say NO that they oil light did not come on! Sorry to hear you are having problems! I am wondering if yours is an oil pressure issue possibly attributable to a clogged internal screen? The best advice i could give would be to let them cover it under warranty so everything is documented and continues to be covered! Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: pct
jocojonson

jocojonson

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
midland mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly cant remember, but if i had to guess i would say NO that they oil light did not come on! Sorry to hear you are having problems! I am wondering if yours is an oil pressure issue possibly attributable to a clogged internal screen? The best advice i could give would be to let them cover it under warranty so everything is documented and continues to be covered! Let me know how it goes!
Do you have duel batteries ?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the info
Paul

Mine didn't come on either. I'm thinking there is a problem with oil pressure in yours like Eltogbi mentioned I've never heard someone say oil light same time.

Reactions: Eltobgi and pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks,CP I haven't seen or read anything about oil light problems on the forum but it will try to move when you first start it and the oil is cold it is a first that I have heard of I thought about checking the filter but I would have to drain the oil and if I take it to the dealer they will have to drain it again That is a pricey check HaHa
Paul

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This all started over an E fault if that helps

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!