P1000 Reverse and/or side light recommendations

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have a cost effective solution for rear and side lights? I've got unused switches in my panel looking for something to do. My budget is $150 at most.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just completed the reverse light last week. I bought the LED mini light bar from Amazon, and I'll include a link below. Then you buy the plug from the site store and connect the two with your own wires. So when you put it in reverse the light comes on automatically. You can install a kit which allows you to have dash switch control to turn on the rear light when you want it on regardless of being in reverse. Up to you, but this little bugger I bought is bright and where it is installed fits like a glove. When the tilt bed goes up, it does not hit the light. My only issue was the mounting bolt they gave was longer than the space behind the heat shield so I used my Dremmel to trim the bolt shorter. A very easy project. Good luck!

IMG 9001 IMG 9002

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whoa... Are you suggesting that my 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 is already wired for a reverse lights? I did an install similiar on my Jeep so I understand the plug connection.
I just completed the reverse light last week. I bought the LED mini light bar from Amazon, and I'll include a link below. Then you buy the plug from the site store and connect the two with your own wires. So when you put it in reverse the light comes on automatically. You can install a kit which allows you to have dash switch control to turn on the rear light when you want it on regardless of being in reverse. Up to you, but this little bugger I bought is bright and where it is installed fits like a glove. When the tilt bed goes up, it does not hit the light. My only issue was the mounting bolt they gave was longer than the space behind the heat shield so I used my Dremmel to trim the bolt shorter. A very easy project. Good luck!

View attachment 276551

Reactions: Lady01
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a look on the club store. There is a plug and play kit. If you got 2 kits you could install side lights too. Looks like a reasonable price to me. Also PBR products has kits too.

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a look on the club store. There is a plug and play kit. If you got 2 kits you could install side lights too. Looks like a reasonable price to me. Also PBR products has kits too.
I found the plug and play kit. Where does it plug into? Trying to figure out what length I'd need or if I want to just get the 6" pigtail.

Reactions: Lady01
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

At 2:23 into the video it's location is shown, driver side behind and above the filter caps. There is a dummy plug inside the female end just to keep it clean, that dummy needs to be removed. I had a hard time but eventually got it. There is a tab that needs to be manipulated to get it out.

I bought the short pigatail from the store and cut my own 4 feet of wire which was plenty to attach my light to. I had enough to get the wire routed with the factory harness and zip tied the extra in a loop on the frame away from pinch points.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!