Reverse seared backstrap

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Tried my hand at reverse searing today. Took a 9" section of backstrap and tried it. This thing turned out amazing.

IMG 2445

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I read this to late! It's all gone. Next time I'll give you more of a heads up!

Well since you obviously aren't very good a sharing......................... will you share the recipe?

Looks amazing!!!!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Well since you obviously aren't very good a sharing......................... will you share the recipe?

Looks amazing!!!!!!
Ok when I cut my venison up I cut up the backstrap in sections. I took one section of backstrap and used a sweet and smokey generic rub. I generously rubbed down the outside and let the meat soak it up the salt and flavor while the oven was warming. I set the oven to 275. I cooked the meat to an internal temp of 130-140. Pulled the meat out and let it cool down while my cast iron pan was getting hot. Once the pan was really hot I seared each side for a minute to a minute and a half. Then enjoy!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok when I cut my venison up I cut up the backstrap in sections. I took one section of backstrap and used a sweet and smokey generic rub. I generously rubbed down the outside and let the meat soak it up the salt and flavor while the oven was warming. I set the oven to 275. I cooked the meat to an internal temp of 130-140. Pulled the meat out and let it cool down while my cast iron pan was getting hot. Once the pan was really hot I seared each side for a minute to a minute and a half. Then enjoy!

I repeat myself but........................

"What time is supper?"

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Will try this! Sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Miss_Oak
Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Sounds awesome!!!

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to fine tune it. This was 2 minutes on each side of searing. The bottom side cooked a little more than the top. Maybe I should flip them in the oven halfway through.
Sorry @elkguide i failed to let you know again!! The smaller piece on the right was dang near perfect at only 1 min 30sec on each side searing.

IMG 2527 IMG 2531

Reactions: JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had backstrap on the grill last night and deer burgers on the grill tonight. Something about some great venison that makes my mouth water.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I had the most amazing backstrap come off my egg smoker fired up to 600 degrees.
First I dipped it in whiskey, then sprinkled dry mustard,salt and pepper. Throw some pecan chips in the smoker and On the grill a few minutes on each side. It looked similar to the first pic in this thread.
Man it was good!!!

I'm gonna do similar next time but try the reverse sear idea.

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Something about some great venison that makes my mouth water.

Me to. I eat it a couple times a week. I love knowing where my meat came from. I am the only one who touches it. I cut up all my own meat.

Reactions: nbomar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!