P1000 Reverse trigger issues

C

Crackbarrel

Feb 9, 2019
Lafayette, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, wanted to see if someone can help. I am installing a Radio that has a back up camera option. I have the camera hooked up direct to battery and it will work fine on radio. I tried hooking it up using the reverse trigger harness but it is acting up. I have 12 volts when power on and the other wire grounds when i put in reverse. The problem is when i wire up the cam to he harness my dash wont show the gear selected and check engine light comes on. It will start if brake is pressed. Unplug cam and goes back to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, wanted to see if someone can help. I am installing a Radio that has a back up camera option. I have the camera hooked up direct to battery and it will work fine on radio. I tried hooking it up using the reverse trigger harness but it is acting up. I have 12 volts when power on and the other wire grounds when i put in reverse. The problem is when i wire up the cam to he harness my dash wont show the gear selected and check engine light comes on. It will start if brake is pressed. Unplug cam and goes back to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Switched ground not switched positive it’s Japanese. It caused problems for me same situation.

Trigger a relay from the reverse switch and use the relay to provide reverse trigger.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I may have a solution.

Just finished testing a adaptor that allowes reverse trigger pass through.

This may work for you without using a relay.
I'll shoot u a message.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is the camera reverse function trigger positive or negative activated?

C

Crackbarrel

Feb 9, 2019
Lafayette, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the camera reverse function trigger positive or negative activated?

Camera has 12v + and - to power camera and also a 12v trigger to have radio switch screen to camera screen. When tying + and trigger together and connecting to a battery the camera works as intended. When checking reverse pigtail i get 12 volts with bike on and in reverse but when i hook up camera the bike acts up with or without the camera trigger hooked up.

Thanks
Jamie

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you tapping into reverse?
At the alarm plug?
Both leads are positive until you place in reverse. Then it switches the ground.
You might be back feeding the Honda circuitry somehow.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's likely the radio is internally grounded so by hooking up the reverse wires you're also providing ground to the transmission all the time. You probably need a diode between the radio and the Honda switched ground signal wire.

Reactions: Neohio
C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
I may have a solution.

I'll shoot u a message.

C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
I may have a solution.

I'll shoot u a message.

I'm having a similar issue. Could I ask you to share your solution one more time sir?

advertisement
C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
Post your issue and we will see.

Two options. A diode or a negative triggered relay.

The issue is I bought the ground trigger for a reverse light. Now it shifts a tiny bit funny and doesn't show the correct gear all the time. Like it's confused.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!