P1000m5 Rock Donkey v2 Long Travel

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have heated seats - use them frequently on early morning hunts or just bloody cold in winter.
Installed a standard heated seat kit from amazon and put Honda seat covers over top.
Please link.
Honda seat covers? In winter the seat is still cold as crap. These dudes make jokes about how hot the seat is but they don't know what cold is.

I was born in the cold. Molded by it. I was already a man before I saw grass.

Honest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Please link.
Honda seat covers? In winter the seat is still cold as crap. These dudes make jokes about how hot the seat is but they don't know what cold is.

Honest.

Heres the trread
P1000 - Heated Seats

Still going strong after 14 months. High and low settings. After about 10 minutes on high everyone turn them to low. Nice 'n toasty.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please link.

Honest.

It was 78 here today, I had a fan running in the garage.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

Well I can't get the skids on till I finish the wiring.

Optima is under the seat and the bilge and reverse trigger wire are fed under the floor.

Last part is getting that fed under and the skid on.

14f8941a2f9b393397eacafc4b700f86
I hear that! I couldn't lift mine until my winch was working. I guess I could have used the tractor but it's soooo much better working on these things when they're clean! I rode shotgun several weekends while I was doing mine.

You're probably already aware.. but I found it soooo much faster and easier to take the wheels off when I put on the a-arm guards (it was a long day yesterday and it took a while for the dumbass to wear off).. I went the aluminum S&S fabrication route and I like it!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear that! I couldn't lift mine until my winch was working. I guess I could have used the tractor but it's soooo much better working on these things when they're clean! I rode shotgun several weekends while I was doing mine.

You're probably already aware.. but I found it soooo much faster and easier to take the wheels off when I put on the a-arm guards (it was a long day yesterday and it took a while for the dumbass to wear off).. I went the aluminum S&S fabrication route and I like it!

No arm guards, swapping for Arched arms later. May make something at that point.

I couldn't power the winch until the Optima was connected. Just used some ramps and cardboard from the windshield box, my roller was too high.

I'm tired of riding shotgun, gotta get her finished.

J

JTW

No arm guards, swapping for Arched arms later. May make something at that point.

I couldn't power the winch until the Optima was connected. Just used some ramps and cardboard from the windshield box, my roller was too high.

I'm tired of riding shotgun, gotta get her finished.
That last part is a big 10-4!!!

Yeah... I'm seeing arched are probably the way to go. Mine seemed to collect ample mud today. And a little extra height would be nice too!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's currently 20 and won't be 70 for another 3 months

I'm wishing it were actually behaving like winter here. I'm sitting here eating lunch SWEATING just from ambient temp, trying to make a punch-list of everything I have to finish, and the bits and pieces I need to pick up on the way home to do so.

I have been going wide open at the build and will put some more detail into everything once I am done.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That last part is a big 10-4!!!

Yeah... I'm seeing arched are probably the way to go. Mine seemed to collect ample mud today. And a little extra height would be nice too!
I recommend super ATV. I have high lifter and you get more with superatv for the same price.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm wishing it were actually behaving like winter here. I'm sitting here eating lunch SWEATING just from ambient temp, trying to make a punch-list of everything I have to finish, and the bits and pieces I need to pick up on the way home to do so.

I have been going wide open at the build and will put some more detail into everything once I am done.
I went for a ride last night in my sweats and a light jacket. Warm night. 30 or so. Kind of made me laugh after fifteen mins I realised some people couldn't do that. my hands got hold and o drove home.

I can't wait till it's warm again and I can go camp.

Bf85f93578092ff7c25cd6b4ac022730B2e38432348f6ebf0a6f3b14a239f0421417b9e9e3cae32fb3fded068fc47637

That's one nights difference, and it was a lot. It was like twenty in the day and dipped down to like 15 or so. Then in the middle of the night it shot up and when we woke up it was fifty.

My buddy is a tent sleeper. He made shop under a tree and the tree dumped on him at like 4am.

He was buried. I couldn't even see his little bivvy tent. Fun times.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Punchlist:

Windshield brace
Connect dash lights
Connect reverse Trigger to PDM60
Program PDM60
Backup camera no longer powering up, PDM60?
Mount and connect bilge fan
Finish skid
Mount D-Rings(ad flex pipe and backers)
Extend Vent Lines

Test carrier(repaint if fits)
Install Front doors
Plumb Washer spray heads

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
086b7eed1269d1d8085aaae6f003224d

Got my HAM mounted, need a extension for the antenna but the roll cage acts as a heck of a ground plane. I'm getting about 75miles out of it in my garage. No SWR meter mine got dropped when we moved. Haven't replaced it yet.

I cut a piece of ¼" HDPE to fit between the RAM Mount and the GPS bas and then cut two slots for the clips on the radio and the Mic to catch in so they wouldn't fall off.

UV-5R pair
UV-5R Battery Eliminator
UV-5R Mic
External Antenna

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

086b7eed1269d1d8085aaae6f003224d

Got my HAM mounted, need a extension for the antenna but the roll cage acts as a heck of a ground plane. I'm getting about 75miles out of it in my garage. No SWR meter mine got dropped when we moved. Haven't replaced it yet.
You got to show me how you're getting 75 miles outta 7 watts!
If I hit a repeater tower, then yeah. But Simplex, I barely get 2 miles on 8 watts. So I'm intrigued :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You got to show me how you're getting 75 miles outta 7 watts!
If I hit a repeater tower, then yeah. But Simplex, I barely get 2 miles on 8 watts. So I'm intrigued :)
Me too. Same type radio more power I even tried 75w with matching antennae let that go and I can't what's your secret??? Our max was about 20 what did you figure out??? Spill it please lol

Reactions: nbomar
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2badc86de362a7f667b2ee2e5bf91e9d

Swapped the PDM60 out it had an issue on Circuit 6, Rowe helped me diagnose and then sent me a new one overnight and return at their expense. He said it was one of only a very few issues they had had.

Excellent customer service.

Just read about this device, this thing is pretty sweet. I may have to rethink my accessory electrical system.