Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will trade you for my 700-4 the seats are plenty warm! I tell you what since you are apart of the club and all, I'll make it a strait up trade you don't even have to put any cash in.:D

Reactions: TimG and joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
When the sun goes down and temperature drops it great to get some hot a$$ for the ride home.

I ordered the Crimestopper seat heater I mentioned above. On high - they are nice and toasty - after about 10 minutes you have to switch to low heat. Thats just what I would expect from heated seats :)

They come with a warning not to modify the wiring harness in any way but I wanted to use the rockers I bought. The wiring in the harness is a bit wierd. On high, the heater elements get 12V, on low 6V. What got me confused is the switches on the wiring harness have a voltage reduction circuit to provide 6 or 12V. I was trying to figure out what the harness did using a voltmeter but eventually I got frustrated and just hacked off the switch and started applying voltage to the various wires to get it working. It turns out that the voltage reduction in the switch is not needed because the switch just feeds the relay coil.Kinda obvious but it was confusing.
There is something else in the harness that also reduces voltage - I bet its the relay but I didn't bother to find out once I figured out that the my switches would work.
I figure they tried to get away with just the switch in their design but they burnt up so then they added the relay.

If you remove the supplied switches like I did, you can ignore the black and red wires in the harness to the switch. Power and Ground should be connected to the black and red wires that were exposed when you opened the package. The switch does not need them. The white and yellow wires going to the switch are the low and high triggers (+12v) to the relay.

Install is straight forward.
Remove and clean the seats.
Apply heat reflective tape.
There is tape on the elements to keep them from sliding around
That's my boss telling me to get back to work.
IMG 2277 IMG 2278 IMG 2280

I used the Honda seat covers. Wires hang out the back.
IMG 2285IMG 2286
I built a wire harness to go from my switch panel on the dash that splits to feed the drivers seat and passenger seat. It also splits for a wire to get the reverse ground trigger. This harness follows beside the Honda main wire harness. Three position switch - up = high, middle = off, down = low. I left most of the supplied wire harness intact and attached them under the seats. The wires from the relay to the lower seat were lengthened so the seat can be put on the floor without disconnecting them. There is a quick disconnect on all 4 heater elements so the seats can be easily removed.
IMG 2292 IMG 2362IMG 2315

I wasn't sure I would like the camo seats on the grey 1000 but I think they look great. You can see in the second picture where I fed the wire harness from the upper seat under the lower seat.
IMG 2354 IMG 2364

Well that turned out to be a bigger write up than I expected ....

Last edited:
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When the sun goes down and temperature drops it great to get some hot a$$ for the ride home.

I ordered the Crimestopper seat heater I mentioned above. On high - they are nice and toasty - after about 10 minutes you have to switch to low heat. Thats just what I would expect from heated seats :)

They come with a warning not to modify the wiring harness in any way but I wanted to use the rockers I bought. The wiring in the harness is a bit wierd. On high, the heater elements get 12V, on low 6V. What got me confused is the switches on the wiring harness have a voltage reduction circuit to provide 6 or 12V. I was trying to figure out what the harness did using a voltmeter but eventually I got frustrated and just hacked off the switch and started applying voltage to the various wires to get it working. It turns out that the voltage reduction in the switch is not needed because the switch just feeds the relay coil.Kinda obvious but it was confusing.
There is something else in the harness that also reduces voltage - I bet its the relay but I didn't bother to find out once I figured out that the my switches would work.
I figure they tried to get away with just the switch in their design but they burnt up so then they added the relay.

View attachment 10761 View attachment 10762 View attachment 10763

View attachment 10765View attachment 10766
I built a wire harness to go from my switch panel on the dash that splits to feed the drivers seat and passenger seat. It also splits for a wire to get the reverse ground trigger. This harness follows beside the Honda main wire harness. Three position switch - up = high, middle = off, down = low. I left most of the supplied wire harness intact and attached them under the seats. The wires from the relay to the lower seat were lengthened so the seat can be put on the floor without disconnecting them. There is a quick disconnect on all 4 heater elements so the seats can be easily removed.
View attachment 10764 View attachment 10767View attachment 10770

I wasn't sure I would like the camo seats on the grey 1000 but I think they look great. You can see in the second picture where I fed the wire harness from the upper seat under the lower seat.
View attachment 10768 View attachment 10769

Good write up. I'm sure my wife would enjoy heated seats like in her car. She even has heated steering wheel. Anyway I purchased her heated massaging padded seat cover for her side and plug it into cig. lighter on dash. Will see how that works? My question is how do you pull up the bench seat in the P1K deluxe? hear there is also storage area under drivers side?

Reactions: TimG
advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
No worries haha. I should have too one night I was screwing around a while before I remembered what my sales guy told me. He went over all that when he showed me where all the dipsticks were

T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
I know you guys up north probably need heated seats, but down in the south I am trying to figure out how to add cooling to the seats!!! We rode for a while on Sunday, probably in the 60's here, and the engine keeps the seats pretty warm. I opened up the windshield vent thinking I would blow the hot air on out of the seat area, but it just seemed to fan it up into our faces.

I hate to think of what it's going to be like next July and August, when it's 105 degrees with 95% humidity.

Reactions: TimG and Delton
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah I feel that heat too. It's cosy now but summer will require something different for sure.

In case anyone decides to follow in my footsteps with the Crimestoppers I',m adding this to my post above.

If you remove the supplied switches like I did, you can ignore the black and red wires in the harness to the switch. Power and Ground should be connected to the black and red wires that were exposed when you opened the package. The switch does not need them. The white and yellow wires going to the switch are the low and high triggers (+12v) to the relay.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know you guys up north probably need heated seats, but down in the south I am trying to figure out how to add cooling to the seats!!! We rode for a while on Sunday, probably in the 60's here, and the engine keeps the seats pretty warm. I opened up the windshield vent thinking I would blow the hot air on out of the seat area, but it just seemed to fan it up into our faces.

I hate to think of what it's going to be like next July and August, when it's 105 degrees with 95% humidity.
I was going to reply with the same message. If he lived down south he wouldn't be looking for seat warmers lol. Wait til you do a deep water crossing or hit a creek at speed. Steam will fry those buns to a crisp lol. This happened to me yesterday. It even seemed to go up my back. I'm not being dramatical either, it was very hot.

T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
I was going to reply with the same message. If he lived down south he wouldn't be looking for seat warmers lol. Wait til you do a deep water crossing or hit a creek at speed. Steam will fry those buns to a crisp lol. This happened to me yesterday. It even seemed to go up my back. I'm not being dramatical either, it was very hot.
We had the same thing happen Sunday, crossing the creek. Water was deep enough to come in thru the pedals, and the cab turned into a steam bath. Wasn't horrible, as the ambient temps were in the low 60', but it's going to be HOT in July and August. I guess the saving grace is it's hard to find deep water around here that time of year, you have to go look for it....

now, is there a way to block that water coming in thru the pedals?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had the same thing happen Sunday, crossing the creek. Water was deep enough to come in thru the pedals, and the cab turned into a steam bath. Wasn't horrible, as the ambient temps were in the low 60', but it's going to be HOT in July and August. I guess the saving grace is it's hard to find deep water around here that time of year, you have to go look for it....

now, is there a way to block that water coming in thru the pedals?
Ive only experienced water coming in under the doors. Guess I haven't gone deep enough yet lol. I'm a little hesitant about getting too crazy cause I've been riding on my own. I'd have to walk at least an hour or two to get to a spot with cell service. I have to ride during the week due to work and have to pick my daughter up from school. Can't afford to be stranded in middle of nowhere

F

Franko

Feb 25, 2016
Pennsylvania
They make electric blankets that plug into a 12 volt. That's what I use and then cover the seats with the blanket on cold rides. Works well and cheap.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md

View attachment 10761 View attachment 10762 View attachment 10763

View attachment 10765View attachment 10766
View attachment 10764 View attachment 10767View attachment 10770

View attachment 10768 View attachment 10769

do they make black seat covers I assume not

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Honda just makes the camo.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
bummer although looking at your pic doesn't look bad at all!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!