P1000 Heated Seats

B

Barbie919

Oct 3, 2018
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just bought our pioneer 1000-5. we have had a Teryx 4. My 6 year old uses a electric blanket from amazon that runs by the outlet plug. reading in the manual it says not to use heat generation accessories but it can damage the plug. has anyone tried one of these electric blankets in your honda and it work?

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
We just bought our pioneer 1000-5. we have had a Teryx 4. My 6 year old uses a electric blanket from amazon that runs by the outlet plug. reading in the manual it says not to use heat generation accessories but it can damage the plug. has anyone tried one of these electric blankets in your honda and it work?

I just read on this forum that the accessory plug outlet is rated at 15 amps, if your blanket uses less power "amps" you should be fine. That info should be on or with the heated blanket. You will blow the accessory fuse before you do any damage to your sxs.

Reactions: joeymt33
B

Barbie919

Oct 3, 2018
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just read on this forum that the accessory plug outlet is rated at 15 amps, if your blanket uses less power "amps" you should be fine. That info should be on or with the heated blanket. You will blow the accessory fuse before you do any damage to your sxs.
just checked the blanket and it says 48 watts and then states amp draw 4 amps so I should be good, right? It never caused an issue the the teryx amps. I just wanted to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TimG and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
just checked the blanket and it says 48 watts and then states amp draw 4 amps so I should be good, right? It never caused an issue the the teryx amps. I just wanted to be sure.

IF it’s under 15 amps then it will be fine. 4 amps is no problem.

Reactions: TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!