Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
🤔.......it's the same seat, just stapled instead of glued isn't it?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Your joking right? 🤣
This is from HondaProKevin’s site : set the 2022 Pioneer 1000 family apart from previous generations. In addition, all versions come with tilt steering to adjust to different body sizes, and with a thickly padded foam seat for maximum comfort in all driving conditions.
I also saw on this forum a thread from people interested on wether the new seat would work on the previous gen pioneer so maybe there are some differences other than just staples.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is from HondaProKevin’s site : set the 2022 Pioneer 1000 family apart from previous generations. In addition, all versions come with tilt steering to adjust to different body sizes, and with a thickly padded foam seat for maximum comfort in all driving conditions.
I also saw on this forum a thread from people interested on wether the new seat would work on the previous gen pioneer so maybe there are some differences other than just staples.
Everything he's said (unless there is something different in that seat) are the same since 16’ just sales/marketing talk.
The 22’ i sat/rode in and reports I heard was exactly the same but the staples. People that wanted to know if they were interchangeable was cuz of the staples. The pervious versions were glued and came detached alot. The heat issue has changed very little from mine once stock to my buddy's 22’ imo when I was in it. I had my 16’s steat replaced in the first year under warranty cuz of the glue detaching. Been fine ever since🤞

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Everything he's said (unless there is something different in that seat) are the same since 16’ just sales/marketing talk.
The 22’ i sat/rode in and reports I heard was exactly the same but the staples. People that wanted to know if they were interchangeable was cuz of the staples. The pervious versions were glued and came detached alot. The heat issue has changed very little from mine once stock to my buddy's 22’ imo when I was in it. I had my 16’s steat replaced in the first year under warranty cuz of the glue detaching. Been fine ever since🤞
Sometimes I’m wrong but usually just mistaken.....

D

Dasmoeturhead

I replaced my 2016 pk3's bottom cushion after the glue let go. The new OE cushion is stapled. Same thickness, but the actual seat material is a lot softer. I dont slide around as much. It didn't come with any off the rubber feet on bottom, so you have to transfer them from the old seat. I can't remember if I had to transfer the latch mechanism also. Anyway I like it. It works.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not anything major but the tires do leave the ground maybe a foot or so, wouldn’t wanna go any higher that that,… thing bucks like a bull
And adding preload to the stock shocks will make it buck even harder. A couple of guys have installed Rzr seats in the P1k and a couple of us have installed them in the P5. It's a fair amount of work and fabrication to do it right. Much better seats for trail riding though.

Painted Seats

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome. I think you need a Talon. More travel. I don't think these Pioneer's where design for jumping. That's some pretty good air you catching there. The landing looks painfull on my old body.
In his defense, these Pioneers weren't designed to do most of what a lot of us put them through 😬 but with a little bit of mods they will surprise most on the trails. But yea, Talon would be wheeeey better for catching air like that 😂😂

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome. I think you need a Talon. More travel. I don't think these Pioneer's where design for jumping. That's some pretty good air you catching there. The landing looks painfull on my old body.

Jumping a Pioneer always looks good in still shots. When you watch videos of them doing it though, they're far from impressive. 😆

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Jumping a Pioneer always looks good in still shots. When you watch videos of them doing it though, they're far from impressive. 😆
I totally agree from a guy that raced quads back in the day that jump didn’t look impressive at all but it felt like coming up short on a 40 foot double….

• Haha
Reactions: trigger and JenElio
B

bluepythons

Feb 16, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And adding preload to the stock shocks will make it buck even harder. A couple of guys have installed Rzr seats in the P1k and a couple of us have installed them in the P5. It's a fair amount of work and fabrication to do it right. Much better seats for trail riding though.

View attachment 360600
Can you please show some more pictures or info on the fabrication you had to do. I have a set of Talon buckets waiting for a winter project in my 1000-5. Any help would be greatly appreciated, yours looks great.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can you please show some more pictures or info on the fabrication you had to do. I have a set of Talon buckets waiting for a winter project in my 1000-5. Any help would be greatly appreciated, yours looks great.

I'll try to remember to post a link to the thread tonight. You can also try the search function , the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner. The thread was Buckets in a P5.

Reactions: JenElio
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
As promised...

Reactions: Smitty335
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As promised...

I brought it to the top earlier today but no one bit! BTW I like what you did with it. (Nomo)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!