P1000 suspension seats?

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm hoping there is an option for a better front seat for my pioneer 2017 1000-3 limited. rode the hatfield mccoy trails about a month ago and quickly found the limit of the stock seat. anyone have any recomendations?

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm hoping there is an option for a better front seat for my pioneer 2017 1000-3 limited. rode the hatfield mccoy trails about a month ago and quickly found the limit of the stock seat. anyone have any recomendations?
I know on the p500 people have put in bucket seats but I haven't heard of that in a 1000.

Welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't think the seat is the root of the rough ride, I believe shock replacement is necessary to help with the rough ride

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't think the seat is the root of the rough ride, I believe shock replacement is necessary to help with the rough ride
im sure shocks are a part of it but for the most part my fox shocks did ok. I did have to stiffen them up (and slow down) after i bottomed out a couple times. my problem with the seat is when id jump and land my butt kept hitting between the back rest and the seat bottom. was kinda hoping there was a seat out there that held me in place better that i could also use a harness with instead of an automotive style seatbelt. dont really wanna roll that thing with just a seatbelt keeping me in.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
im sure shocks are a part of it but for the most part my fox shocks did ok. I did have to stiffen them up (and slow down) after i bottomed out a couple times. my problem with the seat is when id jump and land my butt kept hitting between the back rest and the seat bottom. was kinda hoping there was a seat out there that held me in place better that i could also use a harness with instead of an automotive style seatbelt. dont really wanna roll that thing with just a seatbelt keeping me in.
There's a thread here about the Fox springs, I believe many have changed them out for stiffer?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You can put a 4 point harness if that'll fix your issue, or you CAN modify the front bench to fit buckets. It's been done before, not sure who right now but you can look up bucket seats up top in the search bar.

Also.......you jumping the P1K3?😳

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Christ! Jumping a P1K3!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 🤣 🥳

Seriously, jumping that rig with stock arms, std not modified fox shocks, im assuming no limit straps and std seat belts. Its know wonder your booty hurts 😂 Like @JenElio AKA Jennay suggested, If your keen on jumpin, you need some harnesses. That would keep your booty planted and coming down (NoQeer) so hard on the seat to flatten it out. Thats said, someone did a mod for buckets in a P1 and it wasnt so gooderer in the end result.

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can put a 4 point harness if that'll fix your issue, or you CAN modify the front bench to fit buckets. It's been done before, not sure who right now but you can look up bucket seats up top in the search bar.

Also.......you jumping the P1K3?😳
Not anything major but the tires do leave the ground maybe a foot or so, wouldn’t wanna go any higher that that,… thing bucks like a bull

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not anything major but the tires do leave the ground maybe a foot or so, wouldn’t wanna go any higher that that,… thing bucks like a bull
You may want to look at a Talon since it’s a sport machine and would suit that type riding much better.

advertisement
H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Christ! Jumping a P1K3!

Seriously, jumping that rig with stock arms, std not modified fox shocks, im assuming no limit straps and std seat belts. Its know wonder your booty hurts 😂 Like @JenElio AKA Jennay suggested, If your keen on jumpin, you need some harnesses. That would keep your booty planted and coming down (NoQeer) so hard on the seat to flatten it out. Thats said, someone did a mod for buckets in a P1 and it wasnt so gooderer in the end result.
You may want to look at a Talon since it’s a sport machine and would suit that type riding much better.

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use it primarily for hunting was just out with some friends ( Polaris guys) trying to keep up. I hung in there with them but it wasn’t pleasant. Just wanted to maybe improve things with out dropping allot of money on shocks. To be honest I really pleased with the machine it does what I need it to do but like you say I may have exceeded the limits last month.

H

hondarider316

May 21, 2019
Evans GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Christ! Jumping a P1K3!

C05B2574 634C 494B 9461 142C662F3891
Only one I have. I’ve jumped a little higher but it was the definition of suck.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I use it primarily for hunting was just out with some friends ( Polaris guys) trying to keep up. I hung in there with them but it wasn’t pleasant. Just wanted to maybe improve things with out dropping allot of money on shocks. To be honest I really pleased with the machine it does what I need it to do but like you say I may have exceeded the limits last month.
I think you'll be happy with a 4 point harness of its just a "once in a while trying to keep up" type of thing. You can get the harness bar from BrickCityFab and order a set of harnesses on line. But remember......it's a utv not a sports SXS.

When ever I ride with my can-am or RZR buddies they sometimes have to wait a bit on me on the long runs with whoops, but I can just about break out the grill and have a few burgers waiting on them once we're in the woods and they take 30 minutes doing a 18 point turn around every tree in the way 😂😂😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I use it primarily for hunting was just out with some friends ( POO POO FIRE TRAP guys) trying to keep up. I hung in there with them but it wasn’t pleasant. Just wanted to maybe improve things with out dropping allot of money on shocks. To be honest I really pleased with the machine it does what I need it to do but like you say I may have exceeded the limits last month.
Fixed it for ya! ;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!