P1000 Rock Lights

Justin7372

Justin7372

Jun 25, 2014
Image Image Image
The first photo is of the rear fenderwells. I just centered them up on the tires and mounted them on the square tubing under the bed. the second is of the rear light mounted under the tailgate, above the muffler. The last pic is of the one under the front fenderwell. I also installed a light under the radiator just for looks because i couldnt decide on a good place in the front. I used the rigid industries rocklight kit. Sorry for the crappy pics. She is already put up in the garage and not much room to get some good pics. I will take better ones later this week. Man, i need to wash it bad

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to put some on mine when I get a chance, that's look cool though.
Looks cool, I have some extra red or blue led strips, bought on amazon, was trying to figure out where to mount underneath but was worried about mud and water affecting their adhesion? How did others solve that problem?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I think the mounting position is key here. If you want the lights for looks, it doesn't matter much. But if you want the lights for actual trail use, position may matter.

Mount them near the center shinning out may be good. Also, mounted over the wheel shinning in may be good. I may have to put two at each wheel!
most important is finding a place u don't have to constantly wipe the mud off of them right that would be a pain!!! I def want to do this if I can find a location that wont get mud on it constantly

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Well you need to upload pictures asap. As soon as you get it wired of course.
people have them search it not sure where it is but rigid ones are expensive but quality!!!????

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I will def be doing this as well but I will be putting a lot of time into location! location will be everything one chunk of mud and it will be out! can't shine through mud also slinging rocks up will eventually break them!!! location is everything on this deal!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is anyone thinking of installing rock light(underglow)? Has anyone done this before on their UTV? I have not only on snowmobiles. Just curious if there are any good kits you guys know of.
Yes look up cumminpushers ride. We have a total of 8under wheel well 4sides and rear whips that are all multiple color led with remote and also controlled by music

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't go Rigid they're not as good and a lot more expensive.and one thing that can be done with them put them on a separate switch and don't rely on the remote for a switch and no matter what setting they were on prior it will remember it. You can leave them on white and every time you turn that switch on you'll have white rock lights :)

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
of course!!! I thought everyone already had that lmao

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 12815 Don't go Rigid they're not as good and a lot more expensive.and one thing that can be done with them put them on a separate switch and don't rely on the remote for a switch and no matter what setting they were on prior it will remember it. You can leave them on white and every time you turn that switch on you'll have white rock lights :)
Sounds like a great set up! Do you have any video links to your party light/rock lights responding to a music signal? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd love to see it

Reactions: ghost
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like a great set up! Do you have any video links to your party light/rock lights responding to a music signal? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd love to see it
Absolutely I'll see what I can dig up

Reactions: ghost
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
u guys should be building night clubs not pioneers lmao real cool can't wait to see the video

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
u guys should be building night clubs not pioneers lmao real cool can't wait to see the video
Ill get them shortly I'm currently vamping up the system a bit by adding rgbw LEDs to the four 6-1/2s on the interior that will be a pain because the two front posts are full so my only choice now is to add 5wires so each can be controlled separately, to each of the rear posts. And I'm still in the process of adding the emergency brake. The only video I had of the party lights apparently was a crappy one from the back that doesn't show real well.

Last edited:
Skud7272

Skud7272

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2016
Cencal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed a 12 light pro pack of LUX lights on my P1000-5. Installed 2 in each wheel well, 2 in the grille and 2 on upper roll cage facing up at the roof for ambient light in the cab. They are bright as heck and shoot light in all directions at a good distance. Put me back $375 but include 12 Max leds pods, each with 15' of well insulated/durable wire, the fused module and a otrattw switch. Also the lights have magnets that will hold in place on a hard unexpected hit but I still double down with some automotive double sided 3m tape. Awesome choice if your serious about crawling at night or, for my main purpose, getting to the hunting area long before the sun rises and confident you can get over all the obstacles you see ahead in you headlights.

hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Just added red lights to my LE. Where or how did you guys mount the light in the grill? Looks like I would have to take the whole front of the buggy off to access the inner grill area?! 420c8f74b7e9dd84856477943c76924c68e9967b06abaf073554ed72cd991915

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!