P700 Rocker switch panel /relay help

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is a pic of my rocker switch panel and a relay. Thought I had it figured out. So using the relay I have #30 going to fuse block and #86 going to #2 on my switch. So would #87 go to the light bar and #3 on the switch? If so wouldn’t that just bypass my relay?

E9576704 2065 4B99 9AC1 23FC54397317

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure what you are trying to do but your combination above seems wrong

You should not remove the fuse where you say its removed.

30 is the fused high amp feed from the source
87 is going to load to be controlled
85 is to Ground
86 is to whatever low amp switch or switched source you want to control the heavier load(the load that is connected to 87)

If you are wanting the switch to control the lighter then connect 87 to the light bar, 30 to a fused feed from the battery, 85 to ground, 86 to #3 on the light bar switch.

If you are wanting the high beam switch to control the light bar with the switch controlling the light bar once the high beams are on then. Feed #2 on the Light bar switch from the High beam circuit. and leave everything else the same as what I just wrote above.

Reactions: Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you! I’m trying to turn my light bar on and off using the rocker panel switch. I want power coming from my auxiliary fuse box. Would the 15A fuse that came on the switch panel be the same feed I would get from my aux fuse box?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am not sure what you are trying to do but your combination above seems wrong

You should not remove the fuse where you say its removed.

30 is the fused high amp feed from the source
87 is going to load to be controlled
85 is to Ground
86 is to whatever low amp switch or switched source you want to control the heavier load(the load that is connected to 87)

If you are wanting the switch to control the lighter then connect 87 to the light bar, 30 to a fused feed from the battery, 85 to ground, 86 to #3 on the light bar switch.

If you are wanting the high beam switch to control the light bar with the switch controlling the light bar once the high beams are on then. Feed #2 on the Light bar switch from the High beam circuit. and leave everything else the same as what I just wrote above.
Man, I may have my wiring all screwed up, I just installed an isolator, second battery, powered up fuse box from secondary battery and fused everything???????????? From the secondary fuse box.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, I may have my wiring all screwed up, I just installed an isolator, second battery, powered up fuse box from secondary battery and fused everything???????????? From the secondary fuse box.
I have no Idea Smitty.

Thank you! I’m trying to turn my light bar on and off using the rocker panel switch. I want power coming from my auxiliary fuse box. Would the 15A fuse that came on the switch panel be the same feed I would get from my aux fuse box?

No the fuse in the diagram that you removed needs to go back it fuses the switches.
You will need a separate feed for the relay, size it based on whatever the lightbar draws.
I prefer fused relays, they clean up the wiring some.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s what I’m trying to do is use my aux fuse box to power all my accessories and use relays for my lights and control them with my switch panel. I want the lighter and the USB ports that came with my panel to have their own spot on the aux fuse box

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have no Idea Smitty.

No the fuse in the diagram that you removed needs to go back it fuses the switches.
You will need a separate feed for the relay, size it based on whatever the lightbar draws.
I prefer fused relays, they clean up the wiring some.
Where does my fuse box come into play at?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s what I’m trying to do is use my aux fuse box to power all my accessories and use relays for my lights and control them with my switch panel. I want the lighter and the USB ports that came with my panel to have their own spot on the aux fuse box
Your right, it's been a few months since I did all that, my light bar and whips have in line fuses after the relays, but I still an all wires to secondary fuse panel for trouble shooting and numbered all wires.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok so if I understand correctly.
On the relay
#30 comes from fuse box
#86 goes to #2 on the switch (first pic)
#87 goes to #3 on the switch (first pic)
Where does red wire from light bar go? Also to #87?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so if I understand correctly.
On the relay
#30 comes from fuse box
#86 goes to #2 on the switch (first pic)
#87 goes to #3 on the switch (first pic)
Where does red wire from light bar go? Also to #87?

30 + from fuse box
86 to 3 on switch
85 to ground
87 to light bar +
2 goes where it used to go as shown in the ORIGINAL layout of your switch panel.

Reactions: sharp and Sheepdog

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!