P1000 Roof height?

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
Can someone who has purchased a 1000-5 deluxe with hard roof measure the height with the optional roof. I just purchased a deluxe and ordered the roof. I have 78.5" clear to get through my basement doors. I was wondering if the hard roof will fit?
Thanks
Tim

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I don't have your answer but I figured the least I could do is give you a laugh at my expense. I dug out my level and grabbed my tape measure to get your measurement.... Went to the garage and was reminded, by an empty garage space, that my machine is still at my buddies house getting brackets made. I'm a dummy.

oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can someone who has purchased a 1000-5 deluxe with hard roof measure the height with the optional roof. I just purchased a deluxe and ordered the roof. I have 78.5" clear to get through my basement doors. I was wondering if the hard roof will fit?
Thanks
Tim
TimL I measured mine and it is 77 inches at the tallest part at the very back. The shortest is 75.5 in the front.

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
TimL I measured mine and it is 77 inches at the tallest part at the very back. The shortest is 75.5 in the front.
Thank you. The Factory page says the stock height is 76.4" so I'm surprised that the hard roof is only .6" more. That is good news.

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
Thank you. The Factory page says the stock height is 76.4" so I'm surprised that the hard roof is only .6" more. That is good news.
I installed my hard top and set a level across the back as the stiffener ribs near the center are taller. The measurement was 78.75". The bad part is that it will slight scrap the top of the door frame getting into the storage basement. The good news is that if I sit in the back the height drops to 77.5". I guess my wife will be parking the honda while I sit in the back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!