P1000 Rough Country lift kit installed

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to share a few pictures and a little information about the Rough Country 3" lift kit. I installed it a few days ago and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The pieces are nice, install was very easy, instructions were good, and the price is hard to beat for $139.

I also wanted to point out that it does fit my 2016 just fine. Their website says it will only fit 18-20 models. I called customer service to ask why this was and he assured me that it would not work on a 16 or 17 model. Their reasoning made no sense to me so I ordered it anyway. It fits just like it's supposed to so hopefully I can get them to update their website.

I added 1" spacers in the front and the Rough Country 1.5" spacers to the rear. Again, their site says that the wheel spacers will only fit 18-20 models but they fit my 2016 perfectly.

Look over my machine not being very clean but I wanted to share some pictures of the kit installed because I hadn't seen any on here. By my measurements, it added a little over 2.5" of ground clearance.
20200425 191851
20200425 191944
20200425 191931

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to share a few pictures and a little information about the Rough Country 3" lift kit. I installed it a few days ago and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The pieces are nice, install was very easy, instructions were good, and the price is hard to beat for $139.

I also wanted to point out that it does fit my 2016 just fine. Their website says it will only fit 18-20 models. I called customer service to ask why this was and he assured me that it would not work on a 16 or 17 model. Their reasoning made no sense to me so I ordered it anyway. It fits just like it's supposed to so hopefully I can get them to update their website.

I added 1" spacers in the front and the Rough Country 1.5" spacers to the rear. Again, their site says that the wheel spacers will only fit 18-20 models but they fit my 2016 perfectly.

Look over my machine not being very clean but I wanted to share some pictures of the kit installed because I hadn't seen any on here. By my measurements, it added a little over 2.5" of ground clearance.
View attachment 199294View attachment 199295View attachment 199296

Looks good. Not clean😱 I must be blind😂

J

JTW

Basically the same as a High Lifter lift just a little cheaper

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just out of curiosity, when using this kit does it get the lift by "making the shocks stand straighter" or does it just change the shock mount location without changing the shock angle?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just out of curiosity, when using this kit does it get the lift by "making the shocks stand straighter" or does it just change the shock mount location without changing the shock angle?
It’s going to change your upper shock mount location by moving it outward. Throw on some spacers and call it good.

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 lift kit

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s going to change your upper shock mount location by moving it outward. Throw on some spacers and call it good.

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 lift kit
That is a really good video. Thank you! I had assumed it moved them out but wanted to confirm. I assume it's also why it needs wheel spacers on the rear to clear the shocks. Did the ride get stiffer?

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a really good video. Thank you! I had assumed it moved them out but wanted to confirm. I assume it's also why it needs wheel spacers on the rear to clear the shocks. Did the ride get stiffer?
Not much, I actually like the way it rides now compared to stock.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's cool. I like the thought of getting a lift now but I am not sure how it would look with the stock 27s.i don't want to look goofy and I didn't want to replace tires until it needed it. I really would like more ground clearance though. I was comparing the superatv to the rough country and it looks like the only difference is that superatv uses the shock spacer with the relocation brackets and rough country only uses brackets. Rough country still claims 3" of lift though. Do you by chance know of anyone using the rough country?

Reactions: JenElio
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's cool. I like the thought of getting a lift now but I am not sure how it would look with the stock 27s.i don't want to look goofy and I didn't want to replace tires until it needed it. I really would like more ground clearance though. I was comparing the superatv to the rough country and it looks like the only difference is that superatv uses the shock spacer with the relocation brackets and rough country only uses brackets. Rough country still claims 3" of lift though. Do you by chance know of anyone using the rough country?
I don’t at first thought, I’d go with a High Lifter kit. @GlockMeister has one for sale awhile back.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a spring lift and stock 27's. Gave it about 2" ground clearance and like @Russ989 I also enjoy the ride a bit better now. Spacers take a lot of the pre-load from the shock.
20200719 112622

I also disconnected my sway bar. Its the red P1K5.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is really nice. I found an excellent condition super atv 3" lift on ebay for 100 shipped and I was going to do it but I spoke with a Honda dealer and he said it would void warranty coverage on any parts effected by the lift. So I guess I will have to wait.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
That is really nice. I found an excellent condition super atv 3" lift on ebay for 100 shipped and I was going to do it but I spoke with a Honda dealer and he said it would void warranty coverage on any parts effected by the lift. So I guess I will have to wait.
That dealer is full of it. They have to prove the parts in question caused whatever the problem is. I could see them giving you s*** if you ripped an A-Arm tab off and had a lift but they'd still have to prove your lift caused the issue.

Reactions: JenElio
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That dealer is full of it. They have to prove the parts in question caused whatever the problem is. I could see them giving you s*** if you ripped an A-Arm tab off and had a lift but they'd still have to prove your lift caused the issue.

I called superatv and the guy I spoke with said it is not supposed to void any warranty coverage however they have had issues with local dealers picking and choosing what they want to cover. So he recommended I call the dealer I plan on using for warranty work to confirm. When I called the dealer the service guy I talked to said it would not totally void the warranty it would just alter the coverage of the parts affected by the lift. I said what do you mean. He said for example if you cracked a knuckle or broke a cv shaft, these are parts that may have unneeded stress on them from the lift. I wasn't going to argue with him because I don't know any logistics about the warranty coverage details. I just have the 12 month warranty that comes with the machine.

Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called superatv and the guy I spoke with said it is not supposed to void any warranty coverage however they have had issues with local dealers picking and choosing what they want to cover. So he recommended I call the dealer I plan on using for warranty work to confirm. When I called the dealer the service guy I talked to said it would not totally void the warranty it would just alter the coverage of the parts affected by the lift. I said what do you mean. He said for example if you cracked a knuckle or broke a cv shaft, these are parts that may have unneeded stress on them from the lift. I wasn't going to argue with him because I don't know any logistics about the warranty coverage details. I just have the 12 month warranty that comes with the machine.
Let me help you out here.
  1. You are overthinking this.
  2. Go with spacers over the lift kit, not terrible to install and cheaper.
  3. You have to ride pretty hard trails and terrain continually to break half of what you mentioned.
I hope this helps you out, don’t get caught up in all of the dealer B.S. 😉

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!