P1000 Rough Idling.

tboonejr

tboonejr

May 26, 2019
Mamou, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good evening gentlemen, I have a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000MP3. All stock except after market 14”front liner rims AND 28 ACP’s. SXS has over 18,000 miles.
It’s idling rough and stalls in H and dies out in Reverse.
I’ve changed spark plugs, injector plugs, drained gas completely and added fresh gas, new air filter hell i even changed the oil again.
SXS was running A-one. Loaded on trailer and went to my lease. When went to unload I noticed not idling normal. Started down lease road and it was totally off. Popping and evening dying out. No CODE is flashing.
So drove back to trailer and like to never loaded it up on trailer cause didn’t have power to climb up gate.
So I thought must have gotten water in gas. Totally pumped out fuel and then added new gas and HEET. Let it idle for a while and same result. Troubleshooted injector wires. Ordered some and installed. Before cranking replaced with another pair of new spark plugs. Brand new air filter. Same damn results.
There is no CODE flashing besides the one for air filter cause I have air box off.
I noticed when I rev it up a little I had a little oil spray out vent on top of valve cover.
Bike has no smoke or anything.

Please help before I have to file divorce on my SXS.

For some reason my videos don’t want to load

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
You can not upload videos here.
You upload to YouTube, free, and then post the link here.
First best guess, from what you posted, would be dirty idle air control valve. Clean it.
or wiring
But, why not see what you have for stored codes
With that many miles, some of the symptoms you posted makes me think shift control motor.
Let us know what you find
Have a good day

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club.

You said you replaced the injectors... but what about the connector head (Wires).
Same issues with the IACV and map.

Test them.
Let it idle (if it will) and wiggle and pull the injector, iacv, and map sensor wires. Notice any idle changes?

All common issues.

Also. There is no light for air box being off. So not sure what you are looking at there.

Videos.
The site is not a video host. Have to load to youtube, then post link.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Check the spark arrestor.

Whether that works or not, sell it and buy a Yamaha.

• Haha
Reactions: TxDoc and Remington
tboonejr

tboonejr

May 26, 2019
Mamou, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good evening, I order the injector plug kit and changed them. There wasn’t any weak spots on wires or anything changed will wiggling them. But I changed them cause maybe I missed something. Didn’t change injectors cause they are spraying good.
The plug I’m talking about is actually on the air pipe coming from. The front air box. Actually plugs in right before the air filter box on right side by spark plug coils.

tboonejr

tboonejr

May 26, 2019
Mamou, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check the spark arrestor.

Whether that works or not, sell it and buy a Yamaha.
Spark arrestor has been removed after first oil change.
Nah I’m good. Can promise you their ain’t other brands of ATV’s, UTV’s, 4-wheeler, bikes, SXS or whatever you want to call them.