Rust issues

S

Shu23

Aug 26, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else experienced rust on there frames at the weld points? I have a 2018 and after just a couple months rusted started showing up at just the weld points on the frame. It's getting bad enough I expect a frame replacement in the next few years.

Reactions: Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I had issues with my 500. I have heard of other 1000's having issues.

My 500 was used a lot to plow snow and I traveled state roads between the driveways I plowed so I got a lot of road salt. I was also parking the 500 in a shipping container overnight. When I'd pull the machine it the engine was hot so that little bit of heat probably helped the salt work. The paint was just falling off in some places. I used rustoleum bedliner to repaint the frame after sanding the rust off. Use the gallon can, NOT the spray can. The brush on stuff is a lot better

Reactions: Isaiah
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 700 has rust on it from 14. Just does the surface then stops there never any rot yet

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Magleto

Magleto

and two stealthed rogues
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2017
Twin Lakes (Crescent), OK
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm having some major rust issues with my P500 also, mostly on the bottom of the cage where I scraped rocks at Crossbar. Still there are a lot of other rusted areas. The first year we had it we did a lot of shallow water splashing in the Cimarron River (which is about 500 ft from my house) and it's very salty for a river. I'm going to have to do the sanding/repainting thing on it.

Reactions: Mudwing