nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you going from Atlanta?

I'm running in front of the storm now crossing Nebraska at 80mph.

From Atlanta probably back to Memphis for the night then on to NW Arkansas on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
From Atlanta probably back to Memphis for the night then on to NW Arkansas on Saturday.

Ya, dunno where you are now but see my post above. I24 to Nashville probably better to take 840 bypass around to I40 then I40 to Memphis.
Flying J has motorhome parking in front west Memphis. Or TA truck stop 20 miles into Arkansas off I40 is where I sleep heading to TX

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Be careful out there!
I'm good I got ahead of the 60 mph wind 4 hours ago. It was hairy this morning leaving Cheyenne WY getting into Kaysville Utah. 1000 miles so far today gonna call it quits in 200 more miles. Will be out of forecast area for ice and snow

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I'm good I got ahead of the 60 mph wind 4 hours ago. It was hairy this morning leaving Cheyenne WY getting into Kaysville Utah. 1000 miles so far today gonna call it quits in 200 more miles. Will be out of forecast area for ice and snow
Yes , those winds up there are brutal! Last time through I say 2 overturned trucks and 3 overturned RVs. 1 of the RVs was brand new, still had paper temporary tag from dealer.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes , those winds up there are brutal! Last time through I say 2 overturned trucks and 3 overturned RVs. 1 of the RVs was brand new, still had paper temporary tag from dealer.
Yes I have ran by 8 overturned RV in Wyoming since January.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well let’s hope and pray that isn’t me tomorrow in these crazy winds we are supposed to get.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Assuming the alignment is good n the bus, you’ll be good. The two biggest things about driving a bus are

1). No real sense of speed because you cannot hear the engine. Use cruise control to keep from drawing too much attraction from da man.

2). Since you sit in front of the steer axle, you start to turn after your butt has entered the intersection. This will take some getting used to unless you’ve ever driven an old VW microbus.

If it is on a Freightliner chassis, I strongly recommend going to “Camp Freightliner” at their Gaffney, SC facility. They do a great job of teaching you everything you need to know to maintain your rig.

Drive safe. I’ll be arriving home in SC with my new toyhauler on Sunday when those storms come through here ...

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, dunno where you are now but see my post above. I24 to Nashville probably better to take 840 bypass around to I40 then I40 to Memphis.
Flying J has motorhome parking in front west Memphis. Or TA truck stop 20 miles into Arkansas off I40 is where I sleep heading to TX
Well let’s hope and pray that isn’t me tomorrow in these crazy winds we are supposed to get.

I live about 10 min off I40 just a few miles west where 840 hits 40. Your welcome to stay here if you want. Your camper will probably fit I'm my shop. I also have a 30amp hookup. I am west of Nashville .

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live about 10 min off I40 just a few miles west where 840 hits 40. Your welcome to stay here if you want. Your camper will probably fit I'm my shop. I also have a 30amp hookup. I am west of Nashville .

I’ll let you know. My goal is memphis but that might be unrealistic depending on when I get out of Atlanta. Thank you for the offer!

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
75 N to hwy. 140 W to 27N at Summerville take left to Mentone Ala. and continue to Scottsboro hit Hwy. 72 to Memphis. Shortest and fastest route from North of Atlanta. Not near as much truck traffic

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
75 N to hwy. 140 W to 27N at Summerville take left to Mentone Ala. and continue to Scottsboro hit Hwy. 72 to Memphis. Shortest and fastest route from North of Atlanta. Not near as much truck traffic

Great! Thank you.

Reactions: BWAF
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Hey I’m looking at gps routes and knowing a bad line of storms is coming across the Midwest tomorrow night / Saturday does anyone live on the route from Atlanta to Memphis through Birmingham or Nashville? I’m up for suggestions here. I definitely don’t want to get stuck on the highway in some crazy storm and blow the camper over or get massive hail damage. @JACKAL you travel a lot what’s your suggestions?

I’m just off of exit 205 on interstate 59 in Collinsville, AL. Got an empty hay barn +\- 120’ x 45. Got some cow poop under it though you’d be welcome to use.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m just off of exit 205 on interstate 59 in Collinsville, AL. Got an empty hay barn +\- 120’ x 45. Got some cow poop under it though you’d be welcome to use.

Almost home! I appreciate the offer. I made it to Memphis last night before the bad storms stopped me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!