P1000 School me snow plows

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both the Standard and the Pro Denali come with steel wear bars.

I'll shot you a message to see what your needs are.
Thanks I got the message. I did find one local I have to go look at tomorrow. If I don't get it, I will be in contact with you!
That's a great deal.

Wife demands I have one by Saturday. More snow on the way and she just got off the mountain yesterday after over a week. Her cabin fever reached critical stage for MY health.

We actually got off the mountain in the Pioneer.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely get a 72" blade whatever breed you go with.
And whatever winch you have, you MUST have a synthetic cable in it to plow with.

I have had the Moose 72" plow for a couple years and it's still plowing snow very well this year.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talk to HondaSxS about the Denali blade from motoalliance. I got to try that thing out in our 18" of snow yesterday and it was a beast. 72" model does amazing even with a blade full of snow as deep as we had it, the pioneer handled that snow like boss! It pushed snow better than my 55hp tractor, and even pushed away the piles I had left with the tractor that were a day old and froze! It cuts down to the asphault great with the metal cutting edge, and piles snow almost as high as the cab with the standard push tubes. I had it and my 4500# viper winch also from HondaSxS. Installed in about 2 hours. Both great products so far! Makes me love the pioneer even more.

Reactions: Neohio
D

Dasmoeturhead

Thanks I got the message. I did find one local I have to go look at tomorrow. If I don't get it, I will be in contact with you!
That's a great deal.

Wife demands I have one by Saturday. More snow on the way and she just got off the mountain yesterday after over a week. Her cabin fever reached critical stage for MY health.

We actually got off the mountain in the Pioneer.
Glad you got off the mountain, sounds like the same situation at our place. Without a plow it would be one heck of a scary ride down a steep icy driveway, and if you get out of control its wrecker time to get out, and probably a ride in a ,nice ambulance. The Pioneer and KFI plow have saved my Bacon a few times.
It's funny cuz my wife just told me how glad she was that we were at least smart enough to have bought the Pioneer and blade for use on our property. I'm glad too. She thinks it's work to plow (he he), but I have a smile on my face when the Honda is pushing snow. Cold but fun, and who doesn't like hearing that motor working, and the machine spinning and sliding,and throwing rooster tails of snow off all 4 tires. I know I do.

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's another option for you. Eagle Plow by American Manufacturing. Price is not the least but it is less then others about $650 with 72" straight blade. Used it for 2 seasons, no snow yet this winter. IMG 0586 IMG 0589 IMG 0588 IMG 0586 two pin attachment. IMG 0587

Reactions: Superthrill
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a day yesterday! Picked up the Moose 72" with extended mount. Got back to the mountain and car was stuck in front of my driveway. Truck got stuck trying to get to my driveway. Neighbor called and he slid his truck off the road.

So, fire up the P1000, drag car out with strap, then proceeded to neighbors. Had to strap the Pioneer to a tree from the rear, use another neighbors truck hitch as a redirect. The 4500 Viper Max worked like a charm!

The neighbors are all drooling now...
They helped me put on the plow and we plowed about a mile of road last night!

Really like the extended mount because you can see the plow really well. Also like where the Moose mounts under the seat. Nice very low profile mount compared to some I looked at.

I have plowed with a tractor for years. I could literally plow circles around the tractor with this thing!

Man I love my Pioneer! My wife loves it to....

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone plowing with tracks? what options are there ?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
anyone plowing with tracks? what options are there ?

Only time that I have any issues plowing is when I'm on ice and tracks might help then but I find that half of the time that I'm plowing, I'm in turf mode and doing just fine.

We've had a little bit more snow and ice than usual this winter and I've spent a lot of hours in the Pioneer and my only wish was that I had full doors on my rig. Both because of the wind and when the snow comes over the top of the plow I hate having snow swirling and blowing in my face.

R

raypa

Oct 31, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Day 4 with no power and roads not scraped so power company can get to downed lines, it is time I take care of thing myself!

What is a good quality snow plow for the P1000 ?
Also 66 inch or 72?
I absolutely hate my 72” warn. Folds over easy, mounting pins are sof and bend the pully pin is soft and bends. I upgraded to grade 5 shoulder bolds drilled with cotter pins.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only time that I have any issues plowing is when I'm on ice and tracks might help then but I find that half of the time that I'm plowing, I'm in turf mode and doing just fine.

We've had a little bit more snow and ice than usual this winter and I've spent a lot of hours in the Pioneer and my only wish was that I had full doors on my rig. Both because of the wind and when the snow comes over the top of the plow I hate having snow swirling and blowing in my face.
What plow should I get that would work with tracks? Will be traveling quite a bit with it so weight and ground clearance are considerations. Thanks!

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Denali deluxe on mine with a Polyurethane cutting edge love it

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What plow should I get that would work with tracks? Will be traveling quite a bit with it so weight and ground clearance are considerations. Thanks!

I have a Moose 72" plow on mine but I don't have tracks.
I would think that you wouldn't be able to angle your plow all the way with tracks.

The only problem that I have had plowing was that with a metal cable winch it broke.
Switched to a synthetic cable and problem solved.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would think that you wouldn't be able to angle your plow all the way with tracks.

The only problem that I have had plowing was that with a metal cable winch it broke.
Thanks— I have the synthetic rope. I thought someone commented somewhere on here about a setup for tracks but I can’t seem to find it. I will look into advertised measurements and see what is out there

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks— I have the synthetic rope. I thought someone commented somewhere on here about a setup for tracks but I can’t seem to find it. I will look into advertised measurements and see what is out there
Denali has a extended pushtube.
Give me a few and I'll shoot you a price on the package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Here is how I save my rope from damage, mounted another fairlead on the bottom of my homemade winch mount now the rope goes straight down to lift the plow.

20161218 100527

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I absolutely hate my 72” warn. Folds over easy, mounting pins are sof and bend the pully pin is soft and bends. I upgraded to grade 5 shoulder bolds drilled with cotter pins.
normally an adjustment for trip, bolts attached to springs or something

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
get a lot of build up here especially most winters its not above 10 or so for jan and most of feb. the little bit that gets missed turns to glare ice only thing that really helps in ice is studs or chains and would have to have two sets of tires for studs. a lot of people do for cars around here but not atvs

R

raypa

Oct 31, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
normally an adjustment for trip, bolts attached to springs or something
Warn doesn't offer the bolt tensioners. I'm going to weld on a bracket and add springs. I'm simply suggesting look around before diving into a name brand plow based on name like I did. Great winches... not such a good plow design.

Reactions: jwfirebird
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a warn and mine has threads on eye bolt that you can adjust the springs with. It also has option of pitching blade back witch would make it harder for the blade to trip. If I had to do it over I would have got the super ATV plow set up. I think it's the best set up of them all.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!