P1000 Searched but no luck

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if anyone has wired up a power inverter to their P1000? We have an air mattress that my wife uses for camping but the pump runs on 120v would love to be able to use it on an up coming 2 day trip. Also what seems to be the most common use navigation device to mount in the cab?

Reactions: Lady01
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Need to know the wattage but your Pioneer doesn't put out much charging wattage and if the device used much wattage your charging system would not keep up. Just get a small 12 volt pluging air pump and that way you'll have it you get a low tire or flat. You can pick up cheap just about anywhere.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might consider getting a 12 volt pump, all else being equal (which it seldom is), skipping the inverter will be 5 or 6% more efficient (due to losses in the inverter). That said, if you do choose to go with an inverter, you'll want to be sure it's a pure sign wave inverter. The cheaper modified sign wave (almost a square wave) types will not operate an AC motor efficiently - bad juju. Good news is that small pure sign wave inverters have come way down in cost over the past dozen years or so. See: Inverter

Make sure the inverter can handle the current demand of the motor.

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I bet the air bed he is referring to has a built in 120v pump, which is the only way to fill it. I know that I filled on off the plug on the dash of my Ram which is only rated at 150W. I would just get one of those cheap 400w inverters and clip it to the battery for only the time you need to use it.

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’re absolutely right about the 120v pump. I’ll look for a stand only inverter that clamps to the battery. Thanks for all the responses.
Be sure to have the machine running while using the inverter. also consider a portable boost pack to jump start your machine if for some reason you drain the battery too far.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the dual battery setup so draining the battery won’t be to much of a worry, I’ll be using the aux battery for the inverter.
Dont drain the battery! Anything below 10VDC you start doing permanent damage to it.

advertisement
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like the OP's taken care of.
I carry an 18v Ryobi +1 tire inflator and a good battery in case I get a flat. It puts out more air than most 12v plug in inflators. I also have a high-volume inflator for the same battery. I use it to inflate a kayak.
(The battery is a 4 amp lithium, so it doesn't lose charge in the cold).

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like the OP's taken care of.
I carry an 18v Ryobi +1 tire inflator and a good battery in case I get a flat. It puts out more air than most 12v plug in inflators. I also have a high-volume inflator for the same battery. I use it to inflate a kayak.
(The battery is a 4 amp lithium, so it doesn't lose charge in the cold).
I have a dewalt inflator I always take, it even had a air mattress inflator built in.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if anyone has wired up a power inverter to their P1000? We have an air mattress that my wife uses for camping but the pump runs on 120v would love to be able to use it on an up coming 2 day trip. Also what seems to be the most common use navigation device to mount in the cab?
I have one similar to this in my boat for inflatable toys. Works great inflating and deflating.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!