P1000 seat harness

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thinking about harnesses the pros and cons 4 or 5 point, seat belts latch style or the tridentional and if so how do u unlatch it will it get hung up ( i have never seen one in person )

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well….Ill start the barrage of opinions 😂
just remember, bottom line its your preference And our opinions are personal preference as well. Were not all the same for comfort tolerance. That said……
I like the 4 point and seat belt latch's For ease of removal. Had the regulars latches for a few yrs and the boss “wife” hated it! Too much work at times and not easy in and out in a hurry.
Rode a machine with 5 point and i hated my Doo dads being compromised. Those are great for NHRA Drag racing and Aviation imo. Again, personal preference.

Also, Wait for it……..
your gonna hate me!😉
Try the search up top For more answers on this than carter has liver pills. Another topic that gets beat to death at times on here.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed my Simpson D3 harness on top of my lap belt. I use the stock lap belt 95% of the time but when I'm 'in a hurry', the 5 point gives me a lot more security and I'm not bouncing around in my seat. But I can't reach the lever to raise and lower my flip up windshield. If you're a casual trail rider, the stock seat belt is fine; if you ride at a faster pace, you'll probably like the 5 points. Like Remmi said - personal preference.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
But I can't reach the lever to raise and lower my flip up windshield.
Good point! Yeah that can b a problem. Im very tall and long arms and can barely reach it strapped in. Its a strainin to do some explainin reach thats for sure!

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my Dragonfire 4pts. But in hindsight wish I would have went 2" wide instead of 3". You can add retractors for reasonable $$ on 2" but much more spendy and less common for 3". So I ride with just the waist belt most often until s*** gets real, then slip on the shoulder harnesses

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I had some cheapie 2” 4 point harnesses…never would stay in the right adjustments. They also bit hard on the shoulders.

I have dragon fire 3”, 5 points now except for one 4 point for the youngest…only cause the DF couldn’t go that small.

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just remember, bottom line its your preference And our opinions are personal preference as well. Were not all the same for comfort tolerance. That said……
I like the 4 point and seat belt latch's For ease of removal. Had the regulars latches for a few yrs and the boss “wife” hated it! Too much work at times and not easy in and out in a hurry.
Rode a machine with 5 point and i hated my Doo dads being compromised. Those are great for NHRA Drag racing and Aviation imo. Again, personal preference.

Also, Wait for it……..
your gonna hate me!😉
Try the search up top For more answers on this than carter has liver pills. Another topic that gets beat to death at times on here.
thanks I have had a couple major heart surgery's in the last couple years so my strum and ribs very sensitive so comfort tolerance is important

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
thanks I have had a couple major heart surgery's in the last couple years so my strum and ribs very sensitive so comfort tolerance is important
Knowing that - 5 points put the load on your shoulders and hips while the stock belt crosses your chest and ribs, about like this. :oops:.

It's @Lil_Steve 's fault. :p

I qfKT28c XL

Last edited:
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my Dragonfire 4pts. But in hindsight wish I would have went 2" wide instead of 3". You can add retractors for reasonable $$ on 2" but much more spendy and less common for 3". So I ride with just the waist belt most often until s*** gets real, then slip on the shoulder harnesses

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I did the Crow racing equipment 3” 4 point harness with the lever latch in mine, the Boss is not thrilled about them as they are Bulky, we mostly just use the lap belt but like BC said, I can slip the shoulder harnesses on quick.
I will probably change them out to a 2” retractable at some point.

Reactions: Mopower58
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Also, Wait for it……..
your gonna hate me!😉
DOO DADS? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣