P1000m3 Seats waterlogged

D

Dasmoeturhead

Went to wash off my P1K, and noticed the sound of water running from one side of the seat to the other while I was pulling it out of the cab.
Felt about 8 lbs heavier than normal. Yup, foam is soaked. I drilled 3 holes in the plastic bottom and drained out most of the water, but the seat seal on the edge where the seat cushion is supposed to be glued, has pulled up. This lets the water in.
How in the Hell do I dry out the foam? It already has a moldy smell to it. I've had it out in the heavy rain lately, and not parked inside.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Park it in the sun it will dry out over time but you are going to have to try and the the seat cover glued back down where it has come loose

D

Dasmoeturhead

Its been raining hard for the past week. No way to dry it out in the sun just yet. Yes the seam will have to be glued back down. Ive got most of the driver side cushion pulled off the bottom plastic. I might just take the whole thing off. Properly dry it off in the shop, then glue back down. The other alternatives would be a seat cover once dried out, or a new seat bottom for just under $200.00.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!