rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I agree, there is a lot of redundancy going through the forum now. Especially with the 500's, for the most part, it's all been done. I wasn't questioning how to do it with this thread, more of a why.
With more of this redundancy occurring, I see new members ask questions about the simple stuff and no one wants to answer. Probably because the subject has been beat to death. We need to be more mindful of this with the newer guys.
What's even worse though, you give them their answer including brand, part number and price, based on all the research and investigating you did a long time ago. Then they post later, not to say thanks but, with a whole write up and review of it like it was their idea. o_O
This forum is all about HBO (help a brother out). The brother that doesn't give a simple thanks, doesn't get helped out again! ;)

They don't know....they must crawl
...before they learn to walk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't get anything done yesterday, power outage, heavy rain and wicked wind.
Back at it today though and she's up and running. Had two 15' ers of 4 ga. wire, figured I'd have some left over but after routing the first cable and giving it some to spare, it measured 7 1/2'. Cut them in half so all cables are the same length, pos. and neg. between the two batteries, then one neg from the factory battery and a positive off the second battery to the power box. Battery and winch connectors soldered and shrink wrapped. Put it all together and tested.
Tomorrow I plan to dielectric grease all connections, fine tune the routing of wire and loom it all.
Battery Power Board
Hooked up

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't get anything done yesterday, power outage, heavy rain and wicked wind.
Back at it today though and she's up and running. Had two 15' ers of 4 ga. wire, figured I'd have some left over but after routing the first cable and giving it some to spare, it measured 7 1/2'. Cut them in half so all cables are the same length, pos. and neg. between the two batteries, then one neg from the factory battery and a positive off the second battery to the power box. Battery and winch connectors soldered and shrink wrapped. Put it all together and tested.
Tomorrow I plan to dielectric grease all connections, fine tune the routing of wire and loom it all.
View attachment 39921 View attachment 39922 View attachment 39927

Looks good....
guess next month...
with all that juice...
maybe another....AMP

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol...don't tempt me man!
Can't say I haven't thought about though. There is enough room for another tube sub in the box, and that would warrant two small pod speakers
on the front pillars. Six speakers, two subs and about 600w in a P5...rolling thunder! ;)
....Bang your Head.....
I'm guessing there's probably
25 sg ft.....of room in a p5
cab....that's alot of stereo
for that amount space....
I dare ya...haha

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I agree, there is a lot of redundancy going through the forum now. Especially with the 500's, for the most part, it's all been done. I wasn't questioning how to do it with this thread, more of a why.
With more of this redundancy occurring, I see new members ask questions about the simple stuff and no one wants to answer. Probably because the subject has been beat to death. We need to be more mindful of this with the newer guys.
What's even worse though, you give them their answer including brand, part number and price, based on all the research and investigating you did a long time ago. Then they post later, not to say thanks but, with a whole write up and review of it like it was their idea. o_O
This forum is all about HBO (help a brother out). The brother that doesn't give a simple thanks, doesn't get helped out again! ;)

I think this is where a sticky on a particular topic that keeps coming up could be very useful, in addition helping the new guys use the search function is a good too. Totally agree with HBO and being thankful, makes a site worth contributing to. I've seen other forums deteriorate because older guys get frustrated with the redundancy, because newer guys are too lazy to research and want an answer immediately.... this is where a sticky and positive encouragement can keep a site civil and worth while for everyone.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finished it up today and I like it. Unless you use that area for storage, I think it's the best place to put a second battery. It sits right on the frame, lower than the stock battery and it's as far forward as possible, puts it right behind your calves. No exposed or visible cables unless you go looking for them.
The Ricochet's cover the bottom of that area a little more too, that's a bonus, kinda curious as to how much mud will even make it in there now.
Installed an led volt meter in the dash to finish it off.
Done

Dash

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good
Trig....love the green
voltage meter

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Finished it up today and I like it. Unless you use that area for storage, I think it's the best place to put a second battery. It sits right on the frame, lower than the stock battery and it's as far forward as possible, puts it right behind your calves. No exposed or visible cables unless you go looking for them.
The Ricochet's cover the bottom of that area a little more too, that's a bonus, kinda curious as to how much mud will even make it in there now.
Installed an led volt meter in the dash to finish it off.
View attachment 39962
View attachment 39963
That's a great idea putting the battery in that location and not under the hood adding more weight to the frontend,good job @trigger !

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!