sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I finally got around to installing my second battery i made my own batt box out of scrap metal laying around not running an isolator at the moment but its in
20201025 151751
20201025 151756
20201025 200236

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
What's that silver thing above and to the left of the battery under the cowl (last pic) - LV something? That's where my aux battery will end up (copying PaulF) but it's a low priority.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
What's that silver thing above and to the left of the battery under the cowl (last pic) - LV something? That's where my aux battery will end up (copying PaulF) but it's a low priority.
Don't QUOTE me on the but I believe it is the live valve computer my buddies 19x does not have this computer here

Reactions: CID
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone think about putting a battery in back to help with weight distribution? The talon is nose heavy and after a winch and in my case a plow mount I would prefer to keep it in back. maybe where the factory airbox used to be?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone think about putting a battery in back to help with weight distribution? The talon is nose heavy and after a winch and in my case a plow mount I would prefer to keep it in back. maybe where the factory airbox used to be?
Talon is nose and slightly left heavy. Talon Race Team either added or moved theirs here if water/mud is not an issue for you...

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
good spot Paul! You are like Sherlock Holmes when it comes to pictures and videos!
If you are concerned about water/mud/dirt, you could also consider putting the battery in a box. I found the metal ammo cans at HF are water tight and fit like a glove between the engine and the suspension on the R. I use mine for tools but you might be able to fit an SLAA12-35C battery in there...

20201026 172644

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you are concerned about water/mud/dirt, you could also consider putting the battery in a box. I found the metal ammo cans at HF are water tight and fit like a glove between the engine and the suspension on the R. I use mine for tools but you might be able to fit an SLAA12-35C battery in there...

View attachment 231983
Very nice! I think I will be fine until I add a heater next year. Then I may be pushing the limits of the system plowing with heater on,heated seats, music, light bar, winch, and hydro turn all working when its cold out.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!