Secure My Pioneer 1000-5

S

StoneCold

Aug 26, 2022
Springfield,MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello. I’m new to the forum and have a question. I own a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and transport it on an open utility trailer. How do you secure your SxS from theft while traveling? Chains, cables, Locks, etc. Please advise. Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I own a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
Welcome from Michigan!
First and foremost we need pics of this mystery machine! Till then....Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

As for your question, before we blow up another thread on this...check the search up top. Lots of threads on this very topic. Etrac is the most common.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello. I’m new to the forum and have a question. I own a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and transport it on an open utility trailer. How do you secure your SxS from theft while traveling? Chains, cables, Locks, etc. Please advise. Thanks
Welcome from south Florida

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from Michigan!
First and foremost we need pics of this mystery machine! Till then....Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

As for your question, before we blow up another thread on this...check the search up top. Lots of threads on this very topic. Etrac is the most common.
How to secure from theft, Remi, theft. :p

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 15' cable going thru the front wheel, secured thru the steering wheel with one of those big bike locks.

Ultimately, with the easy and fast cordless side grinders everyone has, nothing is really secure.

You just want to make it less easy.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 15' cable going thru the front wheel, secured thru the steering wheel with one of those big bike locks.

Ultimately, with the easy and fast cordless side grinders everyone has, nothing is really secure.

The cable and lock at least slows them down enough to lock-n-load and get some rounds through them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

StoneCold

Aug 26, 2022
Springfield,MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks P1K5Dave for your kindly response. Didn’t need the prior sarcasm that wasn’t helpful.Thanks again.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
An insurance policy with comprehensive coverage that includes theft.

IMHO, there is no chain, cable or lock that's going to stop someone with the correct (and inexpensive) tool from defeating it in under a minute or so.

Hauling it in an enclosed trailer will make it less of a target vs hauling on an open trailer.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
I agree with @Scoop If you don't already have a trailer, look into enclosed.
When we moved from Michigan to Alabama I had purchased an enclosed trailer thinking I'd sell it after the move (3 trips). As it turned out before i could sell the trailer I got the P5 - told the dealer if it fits in the trailer I'll buy it.
I like the idea of out of sight out of mind, plus it keeps it cleaner going down the road and available storage for other items.

S

StoneCold

Aug 26, 2022
Springfield,MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Alabama.
I agree with @Scoop If you don't already have a trailer, look into enclosed.
When we moved from Michigan to Alabama I had purchased an enclosed trailer thinking I'd sell it after the move (3 trips). As it turned out before i could sell the trailer I got the P5 - told the dealer if it fits in the trailer I'll buy it.
I like the idea of out of sight out of mind, plus it keeps it cleaner going down the road and available storage for other items.
Thanks DaddyDubbs, I have an enclosed it’s just not tall enough for PK15 but I agree that would be best. Also, like Scoop advised I am insured. But until I get a new trailer, I’ll take P1K5 advise with the cable. Thanks to all.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
agree with scoop, keep them insured, anything you do is simply a deterrent, and better than nothing, if they want it bad enough, they will take the truck, trailer, sxs and be gone

I've backed the utility trailer in against a wall, parked under the canopy entrance at hotels overnite, etc.

we have had a couple in the area ripped off while owners away from machines and out hunting, whoever pulled up threw it in neutral and towed it away never to be seen again

if im out hunting and going to be away from it, trail cam is pointing at it, pull the steering wheel\throw in backpack, take the key and hope I don't have to make a pickup call when I get back

S

StoneCold

Aug 26, 2022
Springfield,MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good ideas and advise. Thanks DRZRon1
agree with scoop, keep them insured, anything you do is simply a deterrent, and better than nothing, if they want it bad enough, they will take the truck, trailer, sxs and be gone

I've backed the utility trailer in against a wall, parked under the canopy entrance at hotels overnite, etc.

we have had a couple in the area ripped off while owners away from machines and out hunting, whoever pulled up threw it in neutral and towed it away never to be seen again

if im out hunting and going to be away from it, trail cam is pointing at it, pull the steering wheel\throw in backpack, take the key and hope I don't have to make a pickup call when I get back

Reactions: Rick53 and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!