P1000 Sedona Rip Saws

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! We've got 1500+ trail miles on our P1, we're on our fourth set of tires, stockers 50 miles, EFX's 50 miles, busted the front side walls on these. ITP Black Waters, 1000 miles and our ITP Terra Hooks, 500 miles on the Tera Hooks in CO and around here. The Tera Hooks are my favorites so far and DOT approved, time will tell? I don't run a tire until the thread worn down to the carcass, we run them until the traction falls off. Think these Terra Hooks may be 2000 milers by the wear so far, with reasonable performance in the end? They are still great with 500 miles? Going to the Family cabin this week end for some more miles, Keep you updated on these tires!
What kind of terrain are you riding on to tear up tires like that?

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So as I posted early, I'm running 28x10x14's on my Pioneer and just this weekend I eased up on 4500 miles on my Rip Saws. Definitely starting to show their wear. Was hoping to make it thru the winter, but not sure if I'm gonna push my luck or not. Seriously considering giving the Carnivore a try, but not sure if I wanna stick with a 28", or try the 30".... Been reading mixed reviews on how true the size is, any suggestions?

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! We've got 1500+ trail miles on our P1, we're on our fourth set of tires, stockers 50 miles, EFX's 50 miles, busted the front side walls on these. ITP Black Waters, 1000 miles and our ITP Terra Hooks, 500 miles on the Tera Hooks in CO and around here. The Tera Hooks are my favorites so far and DOT approved, time will tell? I don't run a tire until the thread worn down to the carcass, we run them until the traction falls off. Think these Terra Hooks may be 2000 milers by the wear so far, with reasonable performance in the end? They are still great with 500 miles? Going to the Family cabin this week end for some more miles, Keep you updated on these tires!
Wow, that's heavy tire expense! I've got 1200 miles on my OEM BF 2.0's with no issues and hope for another 1200. I am surprised I've had no punctures🤞! Those Terra Hooks sound great and will probably be my next set in 28 inches. I do some pavement, mostly hard pack with a fair amount of rock and black mud thrown in so they should fit the bill.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!