BOX1

P1000 Sedona Ripsaw vs Blackwater Evo vs Roctane XD comparison chart

J

JTW

True but I gotta admit my happy place is welding, grinding, cutting, or bending metal. So at least I'm having fun doing it lol. I got a nice surprise coming in the door dept.
I don't mind it either.. but I like doing it on my terms. Not because I feel like I HAVE to get this or that done. I'm finishing up wiring and I'm just kinda over it!

Reactions: Delton
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ive had the original bighorns on an Can am Renegade 800 and I had the Rip saws on a Can am Outty 800. So i guess take it for what its worth in the side by side world. I really liked the rip saw's. Extremely well made and i did not EVER have a flat in about the 600 miles i rode them before selling to get my pioneer. For me they were a great all around tire and the 1 1/8" tread depth was enough for the once in a while trip to a mud hole or down the river. Seem to be a stiffer compound so I think they would have excellent life as far as atv tires go. One down side is if you're in really slimy/greasy Sh!! they wont hook up quite as well. Still a great tire.

Now to contradict myself....sort of... I have been spending the last 2 weeks researching tires for my P1K. To make a long story short my main considerations were #1 LONG life #2 good all around tire.( pavement,gravel,trails, fields, creeks, etc.) An ATV tire is gonna go 2000-4000 miles AT BEST. A light truck tire will go 20,000 miles easily...if you don't destroy it. haha So I just picked up a set of off road light truck tires. 235/75/15 measuring 28" tall and I bought a set of 15" STI wheels. Got a good tire connection and the tires only cost me $100/ea. I'll know by Tuesday if this half brain idea is going to pan out, and which will last longer, the tire or the pioneer.

Hope this helps.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went with the Buzz Saw XC, anyone have any good with them? I haven't even seen them yet, hopefully they are almost in Missouri!

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: sharp
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Ripsaws look good but they are 6 ply.
Evo's are 8 ply. I have 28's and like them.
Personally, on this machine I'm gonna stick with 8 ply. Its' a huge difference over the 4 ply Bighorns 2s.
Rip saw 28's are 8 ply

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
check out Baja cross XD I like mine .
20200624 104607

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!