P1000m5 Seizmik vs Gen 2 soft doors

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any complaints with the Honda 2nd gen doors. My biggest turn off for the Seizmik doors was the velcro that had to be attached to the honda doors to seal the bottom. I didn't figure I could ever get it to stay with our cold winters like you have in Montana. I believe they both seal pretty well, but you will soon find where the cold air comes in from. You will need a cover for the shifter like the one @Montana makes and might have to put some weather stripping around the factory lower door. One think I liked about Seizmik doors was the ability to install side mirrors on the doors like a car. I ended up make a couple of aluminum brackets that allow me to attach the factory honda mirrors to the doors like they should be. Hope you can find something that works. I haven't seen you for awhile so I guess I must have missed where you upgraded from your 500. Have a good day.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have GEN 2 and like them. Could not get the Seizmik for mine with the flip up windshield. I know you can trailer your machine with Gen2 on. Just know that adding uppers is a nice start but won't winterize your machine completely. Lots of hole plugging to get to that point. At least on a 1000 anyway...

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any complaints with the Honda 2nd gen doors. My biggest turn off for the Seizmik doors was the velcro that had to be attached to the honda doors to seal the bottom. I didn't figure I could ever get it to stay with our cold winters like you have in Montana. I believe they both seal pretty well, but you will soon find where the cold air comes in from. You will need a cover for the shifter like the one @Montana makes and might have to put some weather stripping around the factory lower door. One think I liked about Seizmik doors was the ability to install side mirrors on the doors like a car. I ended up make a couple of aluminum brackets that allow me to attach the factory honda mirrors to the doors like they should be. Hope you can find something that works. I haven't seen you for awhile so I guess I must have missed where you upgraded from your 500. Have a good day.
I still have p500. Was looking to buy p1000 and all low miles and good price rigs were too south or east. All around were priced like new :). May be bc its hard to find 5 seater around. So I bought 2019 with 480 miles from auction . It has full doors driver door was damaged. So now I'm looking for plastic lower doors and something for top. Full door is way too heavy. I want to go lighter with tracks in the winter. Will try to straight steel frame of the drivers door and may be use it later. Not sure now. It came with factory heater and full cab also. Half price from the sticker :). I really don't won't my p500 go. And try tracks on it too. Will see how my family will use p1000-5.

Since it came with honda glass windshield, from what I read seizmik hard to fit. So choice is gen 2 honda

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the Seizmik instructions before I replied to you and it does say that it probably won't work with the factory glass windshield and also the hard back and mid panel which I'm sure it has. Like I said I really have no complaints with the honda doors with fit and sealing. The biggest gap is around the lower doors. Before we upgraded to the 1000-5 we had plans to purchase the front and rear doors, so I did quite abit of looking. For what we do it works pretty well for us. We are thinking about tracks for ours, but on a year like this one it would be hard to justify. We really haven't hand too much measureable snow since Nov 15th. It sounds like you got a pretty GREAT deal, and if your family is anything like ours, you will really love the 1000-5. Good to see you again and hope to see pics from your adventures.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a project . Not sure if anyone is interested in restoring totaled machine :)

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After watching your results with the skid plate, tracks and diesel heater, I think you are very capable to restore anything. I hope to watch your progress and your families smiling faces when you have all that extra room from 2 to 5 seats.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! Very kind and encouraging.

Not sure if I will be still on earth by 2025

Got into second tour of Dear Moon project. I think I will fail physical tests miserably:)))

Dear Solrus,

Thank you for pre-registering as a dearMoon Crew candidate.
Please proceed to the Initial Screening (STEP 2) by filling out the questionnaire.

Night!

PS ordered dual battery kit . Will start with electronics

Reactions: tjoreo and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!