JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Upload 2019 7 8 21 25 0

Upload 2019 7 8 21 28 17

I’ve never adjusted mine from factory set up. Never really felt the need to mess with them, mmm perhaps I should although only bottomed out a couple time since install last January. Rode for 160kms this last weekend was so much fun, scouting out hunting areas on logging roads and old trails. Shocks and radials make for a new machine.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 140397

View attachment 140398
I’ve never adjusted mine from factory set up. Never really felt the need to mess with them, mmm perhaps I should although only bottomed out a couple time since install last January. Rode for 160kms this last weekend was so much fun, scouting out hunting areas on logging roads and old trails. Shocks and radials make for a new machine.
Looks good thanks you for the pics!:) Decided to pull the trigger on a set for the mini BEAST. The Elka’s Are bit bit more costly than the Walker Evans but I really like the idea of not having to frame mount part of the shock. Sent in all the requested info for initial setup a week or so ago and still waiting on shipping notification:oops:

Reactions: JCart and trigger
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone see a reason to not go with Ella stage 1? I realize there is no reservoir to adjust, but if custom built for me seems like I wouldn’t adjust anyway. Never adjusted any of those piggyback shocks I had on racing rides in the past.

Anyone’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good thanks you for the pics!:) Decided to pull the trigger on a set for the mini BEAST. The Elka’s Are bit bit more costly than the Walker Evans but I really like the idea of not having to frame mount part of the shock. Sent in all the requested info for initial setup a week or so ago and still waiting on shipping notification:oops:

What stage are you getting @Eltobgi? Have been super pleased with mine. What I’d recommend when you get them (even if you don’t adjust them) is use a quality anti-seize paste on the ride height ring set screws. Someone had recommended I do that when I bought mine, seemed like a good idea. The set screws are small (in the elements and threaded into aluminum), anti-seize hopefully will protect them from getting oxidized in the aluminum ring. I keep repeating these with radial tires will transform your ride...

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone see a reason to not go with Ella stage 1? I realize there is no reservoir to adjust, but if custom built for me seems like I wouldn’t adjust anyway. Never adjusted any of those piggyback shocks I had on racing rides in the past.

Anyone’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a really great question that I’d ask the guys at Elka and also WE to see what they say. In time I’ll probably mess with mine, for now I’m pretty happy though.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What stage are you getting @Eltobgi? Have been super pleased with mine. What I’d recommend when you get them (even if you don’t adjust them) is use a quality anti-seize paste on the ride height ring set screws. Someone had recommended I do that when I bought mine, seemed like a good idea. The set screws are small (in the elements and threaded into aluminum), anti-seize hopefully will protect them from getting oxidized in the aluminum ring. I keep repeating these with radial tires will transform your ride...
I currently run FOX QS3 on my 1000-5 and heard the stage 3 Elkas were comparable in performance so went with the stage 3. Thanks for the advice on the set screw I will add anti-seize.

Reactions: JCart

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!