NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's an option but cost $$$$. I just hate giving up that extra 1/2" I had before I installed the W.E. shocks. Really it's not that big of a deal , I love the new shocks , I just always feel the need to tinker with stuff............I just need to leave a good thing alone and enjoy it :)

I can help you get your ride height back and get myself a smoother ride at the same time. Win-win. ;)

Enjoy them sir.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Where are you guys taking your measurements at for the 10 1/2"? I never really got a solid measurement on mine before I put the WE in and I pulled the springs to paint them before I checked the measurement of the preload nut too...got too excited I guess..

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I adjusted mine to ride at factory height to start with. Checked them later and it was less, got broken in and sagged I guess. Readjusted them and actually checked ride height over the weekend and it has sagged some again. I have quite a bit of preload on front and back and I'm sitting at 9 1/8" in front and 9 5/8" in rear. That's from ground to underside of skid plate.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
If I go to the bolt head on the front plate I get about 10 3/4"ish.. to the center of it. Tires are at 25" with the pressure I run. Really just curious if I've been shorting myself on ground clearance since I swapped out for the WEs..

20180826 213054

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I adjusted mine to ride at factory height to start with. Checked them later and it was less, got broken in and sagged I guess. Readjusted them and actually checked ride height over the weekend and it has sagged some again. I have quite a bit of preload on front and back and I'm sitting at 9 1/8" in front and 9 5/8" in rear. That's from ground to underside of skid plate.
Wow, thanks for the quick response. That sounds close to what mine was at too. So many irregular places to try and measure too makes for difficult consistency..that's why I used the bolt head cuz it's fairly easy to hold a tape against and read at the same time.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If I go to the bolt head on the front plate I get about 10 3/4"ish.. to the center of it. Tires are at 25" with the pressure I run. Really just curious if I've been shorting myself on ground clearance since I swapped out for the WEs..

View attachment 85016

Looks like you're sitting even lower than I am.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Well now I'm going out to measure again o_O:D
Well my skid plate measures out at 9 1/8" but I lose an extra 3/16"ish across the very front from my plow mount that wraps around the face of the frame and is over top of the skid. I could pull it but it's some nice thick steel to add protection to the front and not worth the hassle of pulling on and off seasonally in my case. At least I feel better about my ride height being close to normal now. Will do some more measurements before I do the rears when I get them.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Keep in mind, I have aftermarket skids on so I guess it would be 9 3/8 front 9 7/8 rear with factory skids.
I also have aftermarket skids, so I think we r pretty close. Those were a deal I couldn't pass up when they were on sale a few years back.

advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
How are the clamps working out on the rear reservoirs? I was looking for this thread for a while today just to find them so I have them when I get my rears. I knew I saw pics somewhere but couldn't remember which thread they were in or who had posted them.

Reactions: Chooglin
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Your just getting fatter! Kind of unusual to get more spring sag over a couple months with no more added weight.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
You are correct with your first thoughts , I had to call my brother to set my head straight. The only way to accomplish what I am thinking , is with a lift.

I am just setting the preload back to the settings I liked best and drive it. I would like to get my ride height back , bUT not willing to add preload to get there !
So did you set the preload to factory ride height in the rear and find it too stiff there? I just put mine in and had to add preload to get to stock height but haven't ridden it yet to know if its rough.. the preload they came at was a bit lower on height so I cranked it to sit where it was...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So did you set the preload to factory ride height in the rear and find it too stiff there? I just put mine in and had to add preload to get to stock height but haven't ridden it yet to know if its rough.. the preload they came at was a bit lower on height so I cranked it to sit where it was...
The way I set my pre load is, jack up your s x until the shocks are fully extended, tires will be firmly in contact with the floor, measure the distance from the floor to a chosen point on your s x s, let it back down, roll back and forth, talking about your s x s, depending how much beer you have consumed you may want to do this also, measure again, adjust springs for an 1.5 inch spring sag. May not be perfect, but it's good starting point. And then start adjusting compression , or do the WE's have compression adjustments? Forgot, you need to put weight in it to simulate your normal weight you carry.

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

I set my ride height to 10 1/2" from floor to the bottom of of the frame rail for the front and 10 3/4" from the floor to the bottom of the frame rail in the rear. After each adjustment, take it for a ride and measure the distance until you get what you want.

I have the front and back set at 4 clicks from softest setting.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I set my ride height to 10 1/2" from floor to the bottom of of the frame rail for the front and 10 3/4" from the floor to the bottom of the frame rail in the rear. After each adjustment, take it for a ride and measure the distance until you get what you want.

I have the front and back set at 4 clicks from softest setting.
And?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
ELKA Stage 3 Shocks for the P5... who has themo_O

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!