Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Need to figure out a frame mod for the bucket seats, sure don’t want to go up or forward. You have the heavy full skids?
Was a guy at the take over, maybe @Plumber32, that a old delapated seat and took the cushion off and used the base, mounted his new seats to the base and used factory mounting. Thought that was cleaver!

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
1-2" lift

If you mean 1/2" that's exactly what I plan on doing. When I installed the fronts I set the machine to factory height, plan to do the same with the rear. The WE are supposed to have 1" more travel so I figure I'll preload to raise the whole machine 1/2". Then find my shock setting for the best ride. ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you mean 1/2" that's exactly what I plan on doing. When I installed the fronts I set the machine to factory height, plan to do the same with the rear. The WE are supposed to have 1" more travel so I figure I'll preload to raise the whole machine 1/2". Then find my shock setting for the best ride. ;)
Yep!

Reactions: trigger
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

1 inch to 2 inch. But hey what do I know I'm a Yamaha guy on a Honda forum. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
1 inch to 2 inch. But hey what do I know I'm a Yamaha guy on a Honda forum. :)
Yea, scram, I'm just kidding. Which Yamaha do you have? They have some very nice S x S's

C

Chooglin

Had a few more beers so maybe I still shouldn't be posting but hear goes !

Think about this , if I get the preload set to where I really like it but my ride height is not where I would like it to be , could I not just add 1" of spacer to the bottom of the spring , give it lift without effecting the ride that I had before the spacers ?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I think I’m going to reverse my answer. I was thinking about it as the spacer being on the end with the adjustment. If I think about it with the spacer in the fixed side, it changes my thought.But then again why does it make a difference which end.

I don’t know. Maybe If I was drinking it would make sense.

Are you really preloading anything until the shocks full extends?

Last edited:
advertisement
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yea, scram, I'm just kidding. Which Yamaha do you have? They have some very nice S x S's

Reactions: chrisC and trigger
C

Chooglin

I think I’m going to reverse my answer. I was thinking about it as the spacer being on the end with the adjustment. If I think about it with the spacer in the fixed side, it changes my thought.But then again why does it make a difference which end.

I don’t know. Maybe If I was drinking it would make sense.

Are you really preloading anything until the shocks full extends?
You are correct with your first thoughts , I had to call my brother to set my head straight. The only way to accomplish what I am thinking , is with a lift.

I am just setting the preload back to the settings I liked best and drive it. I would like to get my ride height back , bUT not willing to add preload to get there !

Reactions: trigger and Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You are correct with your first thoughts , I had to call my brother to set my head straight. The only way to accomplish what I am thinking , is with a lift.

I am just setting the preload back to the settings I liked best and drive it. I would like to get my ride height back , bUT not willing to add preload to get there !

It gets confusing. My experience has been many years of building leaf spring jeeps. All new stuff to me.

Any room to go up in tire size to gain clearance?

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had a few more beers so maybe I still shouldn't be posting but hear goes !

Think about this , if I get the preload set to where I really like it but my ride height is not where I would like it to be , could I not just add 1" of spacer to the bottom of the spring , give it lift without effecting the ride that I had before the spacers ?
Check coil bound, that is where springs are touching and have no more give.

C

Chooglin

Any room to go up in tire size to gain clearance?

That's an option but cost $$$$. I just hate giving up that extra 1/2" I had before I installed the W.E. shocks. Really it's not that big of a deal , I love the new shocks , I just always feel the need to tinker with stuff............I just need to leave a good thing alone and enjoy it :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!