lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I really won't have any complaints , other than the cramped cab space !!!!!

I've thought about this, probably too much.
After watching @jay_man81 rzr seat install video I'm wondering how much work it would take to make a little more space.

At the Takeover this year I rode with @100Acre some, the boy is seriously tall.
He rides with his door open to make more knee room (and it seriously distracts my wife to watch that, she wanted me to do somthing to fix it, like I'm going to tell honda to fix it or somthing).
He gave my wife and I a tour of his 4 Wheel Camper, the canvas part is custom tall so he fits.

On the p500 there are 2 cross pipes that define the back of the cab.
If thease where pushed back (has to be cut out, new pipes bent, fitted and welded in along with any mounts for the head rest, seat belts etc) then the seat back could be moved back.
The seat bottom only needs to move 1/2 the distance back - there is a lot of junk behind the seat like the intake that might restrict moving the seat bottom.
The basic concept is to move as little as possible and still pick up as much benifit as possible.
If replacing 2 cross pipes that are puffed out to the rear makes enough room it might be worth the effort.

Im guessing you could gain 3 to 4 inches before the location of the upper back roll cage pipe would become an issue and need moved also.
But im not so tall so that pipe seams well above my head.

The real trick to seeing if this would work is to get some one with mad fab skills involved.
I'm just not in a position to play with this this year.

Anyway, that's my random thought on the issue.
Feel free to steel it and run.

C

Chooglin

I've thought about this, probably too much.
After watching @jay_man81 rzr seat install video I'm wondering how much work it would take to make a little more space.

At the Takeover this year I rode with @100Acre some, the boy is seriously tall.
He rides with his door open to make more knee room (and it seriously distracts my wife to watch that, she wanted me to do somthing to fix it, like I'm going to tell honda to fix it or somthing).
He gave my wife and I a tour of his 4 Wheel Camper, the canvas part is custom tall so he fits.

On the p500 there are 2 cross pipes that define the back of the cab.
If thease where pushed back (has to be cut out, new pipes bent, fitted and welded in along with any mounts for the head rest, seat belts etc) then the seat back could be moved back.
The seat bottom only needs to move 1/2 the distance back - there is a lot of junk behind the seat like the intake that might restrict moving the seat bottom.
The basic concept is to move as little as possible and still pick up as much benifit as possible.
If replacing 2 cross pipes that are puffed out to the rear makes enough room it might be worth the effort.

Im guessing you could gain 3 to 4 inches before the location of the upper back roll cage pipe would become an issue and need moved also.
But im not so tall so that pipe seams well above my head.

The real trick to seeing if this would work is to get some one with mad fab skills involved.
I'm just not in a position to play with this this year.

Anyway, that's my random thought on the issue.
Feel free to steel it and run.
These ar some good thoughts. I think it is possible to gain some more room , as you describe. It's that darn fender well that makes it cramped, but not much can be done about that.

I don't have mad fab skills but I am going to have a look at this and see what can be done !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
New shocks are on and I went for a very short ride with them. I obviously can't give a long term evaluation on them , but my first impression is "WOW" it was like riding on a blanket of marshmellows.

I still have alot of testing to do yet , but I plan on playing with the settings some more , just to see how good I can get it. This was money well spent and knowing what a difference it made , I would have easily spent the $1200 on them !

This machine is finally getting to the point where I am "CLOSE" to being satisfied with everything about it. I have put a butt load of money in it , to get it to this point (as many of you have) but it's almost there now !

After the locker install , I really won't have any complaints , other than the cramped cab space !!!!!

Knew you'd be liking the soft front end! How'd the rears feel, much different? Yeah, you're flirting with the point of no return now but that machine is far more capable than when you bought it.

C

Chooglin

Knew you'd be liking the soft front end! How'd the rears feel, much different? Yeah, you're flirting with the point of no return now but that machine is far more capable than when you bought it.
The front and rear feel real good , I would like to see a slower rebound on the rear shocks.

I will play with them some more , after I get my passenger in there with me. I want to have it setup best for two people riding !

C

Chooglin

Clamps came in today and I got the rear resivoirs mounted !

20180514 170951 20180514 171048

C

Chooglin

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Exactly what I was thinking. There's enough room right?
I would say there is room but if you mount them on the outside of the square tubing , they will be exposed. If you could mount them on the inside of the square tubing , that would be ideal (they would be completely protected !

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Too late, I ordered those other ones. I'll drill the hole and mount them on the inside. Have the springs off of the shocks right now to paint black. Just ordered the Silent Rider too. This next round is the last for me except for the locker.

C

Chooglin

Too late, I ordered those other ones. I'll drill the hole and mount them on the inside. Have the springs off of the shocks right now to paint black. Just ordered the Silent Rider too. This next round is the last for me except for the locker.
Make sure you post pics after you install the resivoirs, I mite change mine !

You are pretty much running out of things to do (like me) , I will get the locker and hopefully that will be it for me. I am to the point now , where I just want to ride and quit with the mods !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've said it a few times but there's really not much more I can do to this machine even if I wanted to. It is hard to stop so when something like the silencer becomes available I just have to have one. Not saying I won't mess with cheap cosmetic items but the high dollar stuff is all but done.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've said it a few times but there's really not much more I can do to this machine even if I wanted to. It is hard to stop so when something like the silencer becomes available I just have to have one. Not saying I won't mess with cheap cosmetic items but the high dollar stuff is all but done.
Have you done power steering? What about bucket seats and four point harnesses??

Reactions: Chooglin
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have you done power steering? What about bucket seats and four point harnesses??

Yes to power steering. Had the four point harnesses and sold them, too cumbersome in this little machine. If someone could come up with a bucket seat mod that didn't push you up and forward I would consider it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes to power steering. Had the four point harnesses and sold them, too cumbersome in this little machine. If someone could come up with a bucket seat mod that didn't push you up and forward I would consider it.
Need to figure out a frame mod for the bucket seats, sure don’t want to go up or forward. You have the heavy full skids?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!