Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My daughter would understand, my wife , not so much !...........lol :)
I know what you mean, since I bought my p5 my wife says I’m a little boy trapped in a mans body. Here is the conversation we had about tires:
Me: I need new tires.
Wife: Those are new, aren’t they?
Me: yeah, but they are stock wheels and tires.
Wife: Oh I see, you don’t want to be seen with those while riding?
Me: No, that’s not it at all, they are 4 ply stock tires and I like getting off the trail at the farm to explore new area. I don’t want to get a flat way off the trail.
Wife: I think you just want new tires.
Me: you’re right, I do because these aren’t sufficient for what I’m doing and I don’t have a winch or front locker, I’m not trying to get stuck!
Wife: I think you are, otherwise why go off the trails?
Me: you could ride with me so if I get stuck I’ll have some company lol.
Wife: I love you but the little boy in you is coming out right now.

She just doesn’t get me lol.

C

Chooglin

I know what you mean, since I bought my p5 my wife says I’m a little boy trapped in a mans body. Here is the conversation we had about tires:
Me: No, that’s not it at all, they are 4 ply stock tires and I like getting off the trail at the farm to explore new area. I don’t want to get a flat way off the trail.
Me: you’re right, I do because these aren’t sufficient for what I’m doing and I don’t have a winch or front locker, I’m not trying to get stuck!

Lol.........that sounds like a conversation I would have with my wife , they are so hard to convince , when it comes to upgrades !

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats! Enjoy the wedding & the memories being created
Definitely get the new s-i-l hooked on the off road dirt ASAP!

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shocks are definitely an investment item. They are never worth the money until you spend it and ride on them. Our P500 is stock suspension and will be for a while unless I catch a deal like Chooglin did. Within three years I will pay full retail for aftermarket shocks for it though. My stock 400EX versus my built 400EX are night and day difference in ride because of the money I spent on shocks. I got that setup on a deal or I never would have tried it. Now, it is unlikely I will ever leave factory shocks on a machine I plan to keep forever unless they are higher end to begin with.

Servicing your shocks is also important. I don't do it annually because I don't race, but every three years or so they get new seals and oil. I can always feel the difference after I service them so I probably should do it more often, but I know plenty that still roll 10+ year old factory shocks that have never been apart.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You can get the discount on them. Someone said they weren't offering it anymore but I got it on front and back. $249 per shock, still expensive as hell but better than $300. ;)
I thought you only had the rear??

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats on the killer deal @Chooglin !

I hear these drastically improve the ride when youre rolling at a decent amount of speed, but haven’t heard much on how they improve the ride when cruising slowly, like around 10-12 mph. Can anyone with experience speak to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chooglin
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, I put the fronts on a couple months ago. Then bought the rears after the takeover, haven't put them on yet.
Oh I see. So..... honestly did you realize $500.00 in improvement. I ask because Smitty put a set of $3,000.00 stage 5 Elkas on his 1000 and I drove it because I was considering doing it to my 1000 and hell no, I felt slight difference between the two. Maybe the big difference is no bottoming out, but I don’t have any problem with that much anyway. but the P5’s suspension is so lacking that even modest improvement would likely be worth the money.

Reactions: trigger and 100Acre
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Wow! That sounds like my house lol. I think the wife’s go to the same trades school! Lmao

Reactions: lee
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@trigger how did you get this for $249/shock after the takeover. I called them twice now and asked if there was a forum discount and they told me no, the didn't discount off the full price of $300 each....I guess they don't like me

C

Chooglin

@trigger how did you get this for $249/shock after the takeover. I called them twice now and asked if there was a forum discount and they told me no, the didn't discount off the full price of $300 each....I guess they don't like me
I think he had his wife call them and sweet talk them into the discount?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!