1. 700-2
Alot of weight...up that high..
makes a stock P5...scary. ...tippy
tried it...with camping gear..on some
squirrely steep canyon rutted roads...
ended up..un loading half...stashed in
the bushes...went back...
Did you fab it out of lead...LOL?

Old school ATV is cool...unless you've spent most of your life strapping every single thing down to a hard steel rack and then been given relief from that with a nice, deep cargo bed. 90% of these things end up with a some sort of bed. There are some very cool and creative set-ups on here, most of which could have been done with a bed had the owner chosen to do so. You and some others see it is more versatile...i see it as a decision made by someone at Honda who had never owned or spent time around a SxS.

It's one of those areas where we just disagree (cue Dave Mason)...so we'll compromise and say that Honda at least needs to offer a better option than the serving tray/cargo tray they currently offer. One like the NZ guys have. The tall Strongmade unit is very nice...but the price...

@trigger, ever think about having a skin mounted/pinned (whatever they call that) on the hood? Wonder if somebody makes a snakeskin wrap?

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Old school ATV is cool...unless you've spent most of your life strapping every single thing down to a hard steel rack and then been given relief from that with a nice, deep cargo bed. 90% of these things end up with a some sort of bed. There are some very cool and creative set-ups on here, most of which could have been done with a bed had the owner chosen to do so. You and some others see it is more versatile...i see it as a decision made by someone at Honda who had never owned or spent time around a SxS.

It's one of those areas where we just disagree (cue Dave Mason)...so we'll compromise and say that Honda at least needs to offer a better option than the serving tray/cargo tray they currently offer. One like the NZ guys have. The tall Strongmade unit is very nice...but the price...

@trigger, ever think about having a skin mounted/pinned (whatever they call that) on the hood? Wonder if somebody makes a snakeskin wrap?
Agree to disagree ...
there's 2 handfuls...of things I love
about my P5...rack is one..
everybody got there own deal

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Definitely. ...get more different looks
...from the P5...then any other..
...SxS...out there...
IMO

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

There's also 2 handfuls of stuff..
..Honda could of done...better on
But for under 10k....no trailer needed
...I'm happy with wat ive....built out of it...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

The Serpent shed its skin about 8 mos ago, Old Ironsides was underneath.
Front sept cropped

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I got 1 1/2 on back weels only and stability is so much better. I'm thinking of maybe adding 1' on front weels.
Do it bro....
think you'll love it...
could..or will it cause
....bearing problems ...maybe
but the increased stability. .
out ways..that
IMO

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!