P700 Shift issue

M

mattb

Sep 23, 2014
Hey guys i got a 2014 pioneer 700-2. When its cold and you first take off it will go through all 3 gears but then it will not down sgift back to first. I can stop and put it in park then take back off and it seems like it shifts to aecond soon as i hit the gas. Any suggestions? I have put all 3 new solenoids on it didnt change it

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys i got a 2014 pioneer 700-2. When its cold and you first take off it will go through all 3 gears but then it will not down sgift back to first. I can stop and put it in park then take back off and it seems like it shifts to aecond soon as i hit the gas. Any suggestions? I have put all 3 new solenoids on it didnt change it
That’s not normal at all, keep in mind that the 700 needs to have at least one bar on the temp gauge before giving it any real throttle. That’s what I always did when I had mine anyway. Pull the dip stick and check your oil level, make sure it’s not under or over full and Check to see if the oil smells burnt.

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like a controller problem. Like the ecu isnt registering that the machine is slowing and needs lower gear. Or the ecu just isnt sending the signals to drop gears. Or a wire could be bad for first gear. Id check the wires then probably take it to a dealer or just buy a new ecu.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like a controller problem. Like the ecu isnt registering that the machine is slowing and needs lower gear. Or the ecu just isnt sending the signals to drop gears. Or a wire could be bad for first gear. Id check the wires then probably take it to a dealer or just buy a new ecu.

It might clear the ecu if he removes the battery cables for a bit and then puts them back on. Might be worth a shot.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
It might clear the ecu if he removes the battery cables for a bit and then puts them back on. Might be worth a shot.
True could be a soft reset issue. If that doesnt work and the electrics look good from the ecu to the selenoids id go with a new ecu. Youll end up spending less just doing it yourself than taking it to a shop.