Shipping Date for Honda Pionee 700-4

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yup, mine was supposed to be in last week, checked today and all they can tell me is "it's enroute""
That's about the same as those ole' sayings...I love ya, the checks in the mail and I promise not to c.... Y'all know the rest!

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Let me start by saying I do not work for a dealership. With that said Honda is hurting it's dealerships by being so evasive with the information on why these machines are not in the hands of the people who are wanting to by them. As I read this from the beginning I can see customers are starting to get tired of waiting on something they are willing to spend hard earned money on, and they can't even get a straight answer from the dealership on when it will be in. However the dealership can't give answers because they are not getting answers. like I stated in one of my other post I know of at least two people who have given up on Honda to produce, one said " if they can't figure out how ship them how did they figure out how to build them" kind of a cart before the horse thing. The other felt he was being lied to by the dealership since there seems to be no real consistency from Honda on what is going on and how soon they will have it fixed. So he is going not only to a different brand he is buying from a different dealer. I know this is not how everyone will react to their local dealer, but some will hold it against the dealership. I think Honda needs to come out with some straight answers quickly. I once heard a good statement... Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way. I know Honda has made some very good products, however they are only following in the side by side market, and if they don't tighten soon they will be out of the way in this market. I know this will make some people mad. I am just calling it like I see it. Someone has to be the guy that takes ole yeller out back in pulls the trigger...

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
"Good things come to those who wait". No manufacturer can satisfy everyone at the same time when introducing a new vehicle. If they have 900 proposed dealers I suppose it will take a while to get one to all of them. For those that chose something else that just means a few others will get theirs sooner and means they didn't really want one bad enough in the first place. Mine came in late last week, nearly two months after placing a deposit. Ive waited years for honda to develop something like this. After it comes in you'll forget you ever had to wait ... Well worth it. p.s. I'm not affiliated with any dealer either.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Well after seeing the one in gastonia nc admin showed on here and being tired of waiting. I've decided to lose my 250 deposit on my red one in tenn and go buy that green 4 seater. Gastonia is only30 min away so I'll almost save the 250 in not making a 10 hr round trip to tenn. I plan to be in gastonia at 9 am when they open to purchase the green 4 seater

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
chesterl35 said:
Well after seeing the one in gastonia nc admin showed on here and being tired of waiting. I've decided to lose my 250 deposit on my red one in tenn and go buy that green 4 seater. Gastonia is only30 min away so I'll almost save the 250 in not making a 10 hr round trip to tenn. I plan to be in gastonia at 9 am when they open to purchase the green 4 seater

Dude.. Really.. Thats Kool. Ask for Al. Be sure to tell him how u found them.

Then call Southern Honda and ask for the deposit back. If they dont give back it let me know. Thats not a good way to do business.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I have it figured out all Honda needs to do is fire all of the logistical staff, sub contract Amazon to handle the shipping and all 900 dealers would have one on the doorstep in about 8 minutes. As much as I hate to wait to get the Red 4 i have my deposit on we are going to have to wait on it now because my wife and 9 year old daughter named it Sasquatch, since we have seen pictures of them ( maybe real maybe not) and have heard of somebody who knows somebody who's cousin has seen one once...

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
That is Hilarious! Sounds like you need to get a large Sasquatch decal made to put on the hood.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Sweet... I Love it, they are on the way. Knowing amazon it will probably beat me to my house tonight.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneeringfamily said:
Sweet... I Love it, they are on the way. Knowing amazon it will probably beat me to my house tonight.

Haha ....Glad I could help! if only the Pioneer would get to my garage as fast!

Saw these online looking for switch panels,($299 seems a bit steep for some wire and plastic even if it does say Honda) the Sasquatch theme could escalate quickly.

http://www.otrattw.com

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
I bought the green 4 seater from gastonia! We've ridden it today about 15 miles amd it is awesome! So much better than we expected. Plenty of power and plenty of engine braking. Ride is great. Al took a pic and is sending it to the admin! He said thank you for the sale! They were great with no hidden fees. Now if my wives alergies will subside, we will keep riding!

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Great to hear. Thanks for the update! Did you have a chance to reach top speed?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yes. 45 and it starts bouncing on the rev limiter

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick update, I have called every dealer within 100 mile radius of Birmingham. Auburn sold a 4 seater Sat. all the rest have received 2 Seaters of which most are still on the floor and the 700-4 is 2-3 weeks out.

I am tired of being told 3-4 days and in 3-4 days being told in 3-4 days. Does Honda not realize all they have to do is take my money and hand me the keys?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Have you tried East Alabama Honda in Opelika they had a green 4 last week. Or is that the same dealer as Auburn?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@chesterl35 showing off his new Pioneer... Or is it your Wife's new Pioneer... lol.
[album]478[/album]

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
FYI...GoAZ in Scottsdale, AZ has a red 2-seater as of right now.

Another Phoenix dealer also has a 2-seater...but i called so many, i can't remember which one it is!!!

Coyote Honda may lead the world in Pioneer sales. They got and sold 2 4's 2 weeks ago. Monday they got in a 2 seater..and have already sold it!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!