P700m4 Shock spacer question

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
New to the forum and thanks to everyone for all the awesome information posted. I've been spending all week reading all about the 700. I'm about 200 miles into a 2016 700/4. Not a crazy rider but I do like to have fun. I am having the same issues with many other posts about the front shocks bottoming out periodically. I like the spacer idea that has been presented in older posts on the 14/15 machines. So, my question is will the spacer option work on my 2016 700/4 and if so what size would you recommend for the fronts and possibly the rears..? (1/2", 5/8", 3/4", ect). Full disclosure, looking at putting a set of 26's or maybe even 27's soon so if that can be done with the spacer option - even better. Thanks in advance for any input!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
They mainly used spacers on the '14 models, in '15 they upgraded the springs in front to dual rate springs. The rears you can adjust yourself so no need for a spacer there. I'm pretty sure you can run 27"tires with stock suspension, I went to 26" on mine only because the tires I wanted only went up to 26. I put spacers on my front shocks ('15 model) mainly to gain back a little ground clearance I lost with the heater and winch installed in the front, I think I only did like a 3/8" spacer as I didn't want to give up any ride quality. The rears can be adjusted with a pair of channel lock pliers are preferably a spanner wrench, obviously the more you crank them up the stiffer the ride gets, I think I have mine on the second or third notch up from the softest setting

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree on A 2016,no more than 5/8 on front.I did the rears but removed them shortly after.jack the ride up and let the wheels hang to adjust the rears to a higher setting

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
New to the forum and thanks to everyone for all the awesome information posted. I've been spending all week reading all about the 700. I'm about 200 miles into a 2016 700/4. Not a crazy rider but I do like to have fun. I am having the same issues with many other posts about the front shocks bottoming out periodically. I like the spacer idea that has been presented in older posts on the 14/15 machines. So, my question is will the spacer option work on my 2016 700/4 and if so what size would you recommend for the fronts and possibly the rears..? (1/2", 5/8", 3/4", ect). Full disclosure, looking at putting a set of 26's or maybe even 27's soon so if that can be done with the spacer option - even better. Thanks in advance for any input!
You can put 27 inch with no problems with or without spacer.

Reactions: swsebek
Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks all! I really appreciate all the input. I'll probably try 1/2" on the front and maybe give the rears 1 notch stronger. I gotta say, I really like this pioneer. Real easy to work out on and customize. I'll be posting in the near future of some switch/dash work and dual battery set up. Got all the parts on order. Hope to get to it within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: allgm1 and swsebek
G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
I went with a 1in on my 15 and it was a great improvement didn't notice to much lift. I also run 27in mayhem with not issues as of yet. Just put in my Can am shocks and haven't taken it for a ride yet.

Reactions: Ratchetdan
Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I went with a 1in on my 15 and it was a great improvement didn't notice to much lift. I also run 27in mayhem with not issues as of yet. Just put in my Can am shocks and haven't taken it for a ride yet.

Thanks @gokorn1. Yeh, I've been keeping an eye out for some Can-Am shocks myself. That's sounds like the way to go. I installed 5/8 spacers yesterday. Haven't had a chance to really test it out yet so we'll see...

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
First off, Welcome.
My $0.02 is to get the commander shocks. I have them and love the stance.

I've read in here about a 2015 commander working with a bushing kit... is that the only year or will others work?

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
I've read in here about a 2015 commander working with a bushing kit... is that the only year or will others work?
I see your in AK as well. Theres a set of craigslist going for $400 right now. Its a little high as I got a set for $200 but if your willing to wait he might come down. My trailer is still frozen in a snow drift but as soon as its out, we'll be testing the commander shocks out at Knik

Ratchetdan

Ratchetdan

Apr 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see your in AK as well. Theres a set of craigslist going for $400 right now. Its a little high as I got a set for $200 but if your willing to wait he might come down. My trailer is still frozen in a snow drift but as soon as its out, we'll be testing the commander shocks out at Knik

Found them. Thanks for the heads up. I sent him a message... we'll see...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know mine were not from one that new. You can google search the part #s for the shocks. I do think they have to be XT's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ratchetdan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!