Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I decided to wuss out and go with a simple system. Yeah I know it’s not big enough for a blast cabinet, but I don’t have one and honestly my biggest user is an impact wrench, and ratchet both of which have replaced by yellow battery tools for a few years now.

This will flow more than enough for now..and it’s cheap and flexible enough thatI won’t be mad when I cut parts out if needed in the future.

Don’t care for the push to connect, but it’s working enough imo.

Primefit PCKIT26 Air Piping System, 26-Piece Air Push to Connect Kit with 1/2-Inch (OD) / 3/8" (ID) x 100-Feet TPEE Tubing
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1DXGCL?tag=sxsweb24-20

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why not? Ive had that set up with my 2stage compressor in my shop 75’ of it for over 12yrs and no issues.
1/2” schedule 40 of course. Why? Cuz we used it in the building I was at when I was at Roush and had no issues. We also use it in some high pressure situation's in the HVAC trade, deff Cheaper than pex but depending on the application your doing pex is cheaper than copper. Personally I hate working with pex in my trade, pipe cost is average but the tool, clamps and fittings are $$. You can most certainly use the pex for air, most of the fittings are brass, Id stay away from there plastic fittings tho cuz of there 2 pice seems always seem to leak or crack when clamping. You will need spacific fittings from pex to air as well.
If that And the extra money dosnt bother you then go that rout if u like should work. Just use alot of clamps to make it look good and straight, pex likes to sag.
Good Idea to stay away from Blk pipe. Leave that for NG/LP and steamer pipe😉
Use crimp and plastic fittings all the time without failure rated to 200+ psi. I'd definitely use crimp over expansion for this job.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I was in the OPE business years ago, we ran iron pipe, and it was trouble free. At my recent store/shop, my partner insisted, against my vote, to have Sch 40 PVC installed. We had numerous failures. When we replaced the tired compressor, I saved the receiver and installed it at the end of the run to improve reserve, and act as a hammer arrestor. The failure rate dropped dramatically.

Not a fan of PVC air lines. YMMV.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I decided to wuss out and go with a simple system. Yeah I know it’s not big enough for a blast cabinet, but I don’t have one and honestly my biggest user is an impact wrench, and ratchet both of which have replaced by yellow battery tools for a few years now.

This will flow more than enough for now..and it’s cheap and flexible enough thatI won’t be mad when I cut parts out if needed in the future.

Don’t care for the push to connect, but it’s working enough imo.

Primefit PCKIT26 Air Piping System, 26-Piece Air Push to Connect Kit with 1/2-Inch (OD) / 3/8" (ID) x 100-Feet TPEE Tubing
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1DXGCL?tag=sxsweb24-20
I installed 3/4" PVC in my shop in 2015. I run my air at 150PSIG. Haven't had any failures so far.

In 2015 PVC was cheaper and this kit wasn't available. Post pictures when you get it installed. (Of the piping not selfies)

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed 3/4" PVC in my shop in 2015. I run my air at 150PSIG. Haven't had any failures so far.

In 2015 PVC was cheaper and this kit wasn't available. Post pictures when you get it installed. (Of the piping not selfies)
I have a pre tank radiator that I’ll be adding as well. Thinking of making it into a “how too” post as well.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was in the OPE business years ago, we ran iron pipe, and it was trouble free. At my recent store/shop, my partner insisted, against my vote, to have Sch 40 PVC installed. We had numerous failures. When we replaced the tired compressor, I saved the receiver and installed it at the end of the run to improve reserve, and act as a hammer arrestor. The failure rate dropped dramatically.

Not a fan of PVC air lines. YMMV.
Pvc is only good in drain, waste, and vent. Like you said. Terrible for air, and water in my opinion.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am in a similar situation, I am contemplating relocating my air compressor. My shop is roughly 30x90 and would like to have at least one every 25 foot or so. Want to add a retractable hose reel at 2 locations on the outside of the shop. I have done some research and think the Rapidair type system is what will work best for my application.
But I'm watching this closely

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have everything yet but it’s on its way…

Missing the radiator, 1/2’ auto drain filter, and some of the fittings etc.

Here is what I ordered so far..and my ole Sanborn compressor..

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
35 years ago I ran 1/2” iron pipe with 4 quick connect outlets chest high in a 44’ x 28’ shop. Drained the compressor daily. It’s mounted on a slab outside and serviced it yearly. Still running to this day. Time flies when you get older. I edited the age of my shop to 35 years old instead of 25.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the radiator installed today in between errands today. Missing a fitting to connect the automatic separator, but it’s getting a strong temp drop.

I just used self tappers for the separator and handful of zip ties on the radiator to hold it to the guard.

Idea is to have everything drain to the separator.

IMG 6151
IMG 6152
IMG 6153
IMG 6154

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the radiator installed today in between errands today. Missing a fitting to connect the automatic separator, but it’s getting a strong temp drop.

I just used self tappers for the separator and handful of zip ties on the radiator to hold it to the guard.

Idea is to have everything drain to the separator.

View attachment 420099View attachment 420100View attachment 420101View attachment 420102
I love the idea of the pre tank radiator ! Do you have a part #?

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!