Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My ride yesterday. T-shirt weather in Oct is unusual. Sometimes we have a skiff of snow in the hills at this time of year.

IMG 7031
IMG 7032
IMG 7033
IMG 7034
IMG 7036
IMG 7037
IMG 7039
IMG 7040

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally I got to ride the Nemo tunnel.
I’ve been close before.

View attachment 356612
View attachment 356611

MoM had fantastic weather today.
140 ish miles (forgot to look).
And 9am to 11 pm on the trail.
Pretty damn good day.
Because I’m a moron and often confuse myself…y’all went from the campground to the tunnel and back? That’s a haul but I REALLY hate I missed it!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Club ride Mayhem on the Mountain, day 1

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Being retired, I get to stay in one deserted campsite after another - it sucks. 😎

But, there's a caveat and that would be the 'house' batteries. Being single, they don't have to run much but ... I'm not an eco freak but solar has come a long way in the last few years and it got my attention. How much would I need? That's a deep effin' rabbit hole and I'm no scholar so I figured WTF, buy from a reputable supplier and give it a try. So I bought a 100 watt panel and MPPT controller from Rich Solar and hooked it up. My logic - if 100 watts isn't enough, I can buy another 100 watt panel, how hard can it be.

Short version - I haven't spent any extended time at one spot this summer, just a few days, so I won't profess to know siht. But so far, I'm happy with my purchase and can buy another 100 watt panel for ~$100, give or take. I bought two extension cords, a 10'er and a 30'er, plus the 10'er that came with the panel. This gives me many options on panel location, heck, I haven't even unwrapped the 30'er once I figured out how to open the screen in the middle of the RV, extending my placement from the front of the RV (as seen below) to the very back end of the trailer (also seen below) to keep it out of harm's way when there are people around. The panel is light enough to carry around and fits 'just right' in the bathroom, under and behind the towel hanging from its rack.

Someday, I might mount it/them on the roof but then I'm drilling into an RV roof and they're known to leak, so ... And then I can't aim them at the sun. 🤔

This is my first 'deployment'. There's a bungy cord at each upper corner holding it against the RV so the wind, usually blowing in Utah, can't blow it over.

Life on the trailer, you can see that there's the potential for damage if lying on the ground with so many people around.

The big house battery drain in an RV in cooler temps is the furnace motor and fan. Geebus, that thing must have 100 horsepower for all the noise it makes. :oops: And I'm tired of listening to the damn thing. I bought a Mr. Buddy(?) catalytic that runs on 1 lb. propane bottles. I love how quiet it is but I hate having to refill the bottles all the time. This thing is a delight, it super quiet and the noise it makes is like a muted Coleman lantern, and I grew up to love that tune. It's just enough for my small Class C at safe temps for my outside plumbing, about 30*. Below that and I'm not enjoying myself wondering iffn I'm going to freeze (and break) something I don't want to replace (thinking black tank here).

I like it so much, I bought a long propane extension hose to run it off a 20 lb. propane bottle, which I'll keep outside. I'll be testing that out shortly, I'm headed to the desert as soon as my Talon's CV parts show up. :rolleyes:

I 8CSfXcN XL

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Being retired, I get to stay in one deserted campsite after another - it sucks. 😎

But, there's a caveat and that would be the 'house' batteries. Being single, they don't have to run much but ... I'm not an eco freak but solar has come a long way in the last few years and it got my attention. How much would I need? That's a deep effin' rabbit hole and I'm no scholar so I figured WTF, buy from a reputable supplier and give it a try. So I bought a 100 watt panel and MPPT controller from Rich Solar and hooked it up. My logic - if 100 watts isn't enough, I can buy another 100 watt panel, how hard can it be.

Short version - I haven't spent any extended time at one spot this summer, just a few days, so I won't profess to know siht. But so far, I'm happy with my purchase and can buy another 100 watt panel for ~$100, give or take. I bought two extension cords, a 10'er and a 30'er, plus the 10'er that came with the panel. This gives me many options on panel location, heck, I haven't even unwrapped the 30'er once I figured out how to open the screen in the middle of the RV, extending my placement from the front of the RV (as seen below) to the very back end of the trailer (also seen below) to keep it out of harm's way when there are people around. The panel is light enough to carry around and fits 'just right' in the bathroom, under and behind the towel hanging from its rack.

Someday, I might mount it/them on the roof but then I'm drilling into an RV roof and they're known to leak, so ... And then I can't aim them at the sun. 🤔

This is my first 'deployment'. There's a bungy cord at each upper corner holding it against the RV so the wind, usually blowing in Utah, can't blow it over.
View attachment 358142

Life on the trailer, you can see that there's the potential for damage if lying on the ground with so many people around.
View attachment 358143

The big house battery drain in an RV in cooler temps is the furnace motor and fan. Geebus, that thing must have 100 horsepower for all the noise it makes. :oops: And I'm tired of listening to the damn thing. I bought a Mr. Buddy(?) catalytic that runs on 1 lb. propane bottles. I love how quiet it is but I hate having to refill the bottles all the time. This thing is a delight, it super quiet and the noise it makes is like a muted Coleman lantern, and I grew up to love that tune. It's just enough for my small Class C at safe temps for my outside plumbing, about 30*. Below that and I'm not enjoying myself wondering iffn I'm going to freeze (and break) something I don't want to replace (thinking black tank here).

I like it so much, I bought a long propane extension hose to run it off a 20 lb. propane bottle, which I'll keep outside. I'll be testing that out shortly, I'm headed to the desert as soon as my Talon's CV parts show up. :rolleyes:

View attachment 358141
Pics aren't loading CID, might need more then a 100amp?😂 JK

I wanna see this set up!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So you're using the 100w panel as kind of a tender for the "house" batteries?
Egg zakly. It seems like it'll be able to keep up with charging the iPad, running the laptop, interior LED lighting and maybe the furnace (when I use it). During the shorter days now, I'm on the laptop (movies) or iPad internetting for hours after a ride. I 'think' 100 watts will be enough since it's charging the whole time I'm riding. If not, a second panel will join the family.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Egg zakly. It seems like it'll be able to keep up with charging the iPad, running the laptop, interior LED lighting and maybe the furnace (when I use it). During the shorter days now, I'm on the laptop (movies) or iPad internetting for hours after a ride. I 'think' 100 watts will be enough since it's charging the whole time I'm riding. If not, a second panel will join the family.
Cool 👍

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Cool 👍
That's cool @CID . I've wanted to try the panels but never could justify the expense and was always worried about rain/cloud cover. I've got 3 generators that I've collected over the years due to hurricanes. Bought a 12k 3 way genny for Ida that was a god send. I could run it off natural gas while I went out hunting dino gas, then once we got electricity back I let dad borrow it and run it off their natural gas. There is a guy in the 'hood that has the Tesla roof panels and the battery bank generator thing; it is badass for a hurricane/power loss situation. He was letting people come charge all their junk the 3-4 days we were without power.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's cool @CID . I've wanted to try the panels but never could justify the expense and was always worried about rain/cloud cover. I've got 3 generators that I've collected over the years due to hurricanes. Bought a 12k 3 way genny for Ida that was a god send. I could run it off natural gas while I went out hunting dino gas, then once we got electricity back I let dad borrow it and run it off their natural gas. There is a guy in the 'hood that has the Tesla roof panels and the battery bank generator thing; it is badass for a hurricane/power loss situation. He was letting people come charge all their junk the 3-4 days we were without power.
I've heard them Tesla roof tiles are big big $$$. Lotta people say they're not worth the money right now, but when the power goes......... Might be a different story

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!